4 Reasons Why You Should Get Your Thriller On

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

It wouldn’t be Halloween without the King of Pop’s epic Halloween single, “Thriller.” If you’ve never heard the song, clearly you’ve been living under a pumpkin. Just kidding, but really… you should listen to it as soon as humanly possible. Better yet, how about you spend the next thirteen minutes watching Michael Jackson’s awesomely cheesy, eighties music video. Hey, we all need a study break, right?

Okay, now that we’ve got that out of the way, here is what you need to know. In honor of Halloween, the Plex is offering an hour-long group fitness class TONIGHT where attendees will learn the famous “Thriller” choreography. Grab your friends and head over to Court #10 from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. to dance your heart out.

The entire HC BC team is beyond thrilled (see what we did there?) to get our “Thriller” on and here are four reasons why you should be, too!

1. What better way to honor the late Michael Jackson than by recreating one of his most epic works of art? He was the King of Pop for a reason. The Thriller album was already the best-selling album before the “Thriller” single was released. Once the single was released, sales doubled. Yep, you read that right… DOUBLED. So let’s tip our hats to the King and participate in absurd, zombie dance moves in his honor.

2. You’ll have a new skill to show off at all the Halloween parties on and off-campus this weekend. Trust us, you will definitely make friends if you dance like this:

3. It’s a fun way to exercise. In fact, you probably won’t even realize you are getting a work out in because you’ll be having so much fun. Hopefully no werewolves will show up to kill your vibe.

4. You never know when you might need to spontaneously break into the “Thriller” dance. Remember 13 Going on 30? Think how boring the party would have been if Jennifer Gardner’s character didn’t know all of the choreography?

So if you’re free from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. tonight, we expect to see you getting your “Thriller” on at the Plex. Have fun with it and if you really want to go all out, show up in costume. After all, it is Halloween and anything goes!

Photo Sources:

http://theurbandaily.com/2012/10/24/michael-jackson-thriller-things-you-didnt-know/

http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/thriller/

Kelsey Damassa is in her senior year at Boston College, majoring in Communications and English. She is a native of Connecticut and frequents New York City like it is her job. On campus, she is the Campus Correspondent for the Boston College branch of Her Campus. She also teaches group fitness classes at the campus gym (both Spinning and Pump It Up!) and is an avid runner. She has run five half-marathons as well as the Boston Marathon. In her free time, Kelsey loves to bake (cupcakes anyone?), watch Disney movies, exercise, read any kind of novel with a Starbucks latte in hand, and watch endless episodes of "Friends" or "30 Rock."