4 Great Internship Resources

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

The Blog

The blog Internqueen focuses not only on internship listings, but also on answering any questions that you may have about the internship process.  The website is a great place to look for advice on anything from a cover letter to an interview outfit.  Also, you can apply to all Internqueen internships for free!

The Database

Internmatch is an extremely well organized database of internships spanning all different industries.  Don’t worry if you aren’t from Chicago or NYC, because they have lots of listings throughout the country!

The Social Media Site

Twitter is a wonderful tool to use in your internship and job hunt.  By following companies that you are interested in, you can see job postings and maybe even get insight into their company culture (which never hurts during an interview!).  Also, there are industry specific twitters like @PRjobsNY that provide a steady stream of job and internship listings.

The BC Connection

I’m sure that the majority of you know that EagleLink contains job postings, but have you checked out the Alumni Network? While the internship and job postings can be limiting, the alumni network certainly is not.  Type in where you’d like to work and in what field and shoot and email to the alum on the other end.   

Extra Tip: If you’re looking for an internship outside of Boston, check out internship listings on other colleges’ websites!

Photo Sources:

http://www.collegerebellion.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/intern1-1024×645.jpg

http://www.rollins.edu/academic-internships/

Meghan Gibbons is a double major in Communications and Political Science in her senior year at Boston College. Although originally from New Jersey, she is a huge fan of all Boston sports! Along with her at Boston College is her identical twin, who she always enjoys playing twin pranks with. Meghan is a huge foodie, book worm and beach bum