4 Apps to Download Right Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

I think it’s safe to say that smart phones have taken over the world.  Or at least the Heights.  So, I talked to senior Steve Robinson, who will be working for Jumptap after interning there last summer.   What’s Jumptap? According to their website it is “the leader in target mobile advertising,” aka hello app advertising! Robinson shares four apps that are (dare I say) “appsolute” musts!  He did spend all of last summer getting to know practically every app out there, after all.

These apps are available for both Droids and iOS:

For Fitness:
Calorie Counter by MyFitnessPal is a fantastic way to track your nutrition.  It’s a food diary that also allows you to set goals and log your progress.  What’s even better, though, is that you can look at what is going into your body nutrient wise.   For example, are you getting too much sodium?  Not enough fiber?  It will tell you the exact amount you consume in comparison to how much you ought to!  Fabulous!   Healthy eating, here we come!

For Finance:
Mint.com has an app that allows you to manage your money.   According to their website, “Mint brings all your financial accounts together online or on your mobile device, automatically categorizes your transactions, lets you set budgets and helps you achieve your savings goals.”  Let’s just say that working an unpaid internship this summer, this app will be a MUST to ensure I’m smart with my savings!

For Sports:
ESPN Sportscenter allows you to customize your app!  That’s right, you can choose which teams you want all the updates for.  Sign me up for Bruins, BC, Browns, Cavs, and Indians, please!

For Anything:
Recipe Search: This is a MUST for anyone cooking in the kitchen!   Type in an ingredient you already have in your fridge, and the app will come up with tons of great recipes.  It even has a grocery list section so that you can easily add items to your list that are needed in your fabulous recipe!

Have any other favorite apps?  Then comment below and share them with us!   We all want to use our phones smartly, no?

Photo Sources:
http://divasanddorks.com/tag/phone-app/
http://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-apps-foodies-food-66604/

Julianne is an Ohio native studying communication at Boston College with a concentration in journalism. She got involved with Her Campus BC when the chapter launched in December 2010. She began as an editor and contributing writer, and since has moved up the ranks to Campus Correspondent. Aside from working for Her Campus, Julianne is a certified personal trainer at Boston College's Flynn Recreational Complex and teaches group fitness as well. During her sophomore year, Julianne was a part of the Arrupe Program at BC and traveled to Guatemala, learning about the culture, political, social, economic, and religious issues of the country. Her goals post graduation include writing for a health and fitness magazine or working in communications for college or professional athletics. As for now, however, she is enjoying life at the University she loves so much! An avid hockey and football fan, one can always find Julianne in the stands rooting on BC and the Boston Bruins! Other hobbies include running, yoga, cooking, baking, and photography.