20 Inexpensive or Free Boston Date Ideas

1.     Go to the Museum of Science for an evening planetarium show or explore the ever-changing exhibits.

2.     When the weather gets warmer, rent a canoe, kayak, or sailboat and spend the afternoon on the Charles River. 

3.     See what the Museum of Fine Arts has to offer – tickets for the main collections are free with your BC ID.

4.     Have a picnic in the Boston Gardens.

5.     Walk around Castle Island in South Boston and then watch the sunset on the beach.

6.     Take the Orange line train to Forest Hills and walk around the Arboretum to admire the foliage. Once the snow comes, go sledding down their amazing hills!

7.     Go skating on Frog Pond in the Boston Commons.

8.     Visit the Improv Asylum in the heart of the North End for an always-hilarious sketch comedy show.

9.     Take a tour of Fenway Park.

10.  Go to the Franklin Park Zoo

11.  Go to the aquarium – passes are free through O’Neill.

12.  Complete the Freedom Trail.

13.  Break out your artistic abilities with ceramic painting at the Clayroom in Brookline.

14. For you 21+ folks, take a tour of the Sam Adams or Harpoon brewery.

15. For just $12, take a salsa class at the Havana Club in Cambridge.

16.  See a concert at The Middle East or the Paradise Rock Club.

17. Take a Duck Tour!

18.  Show off your bowling skills at Lucky Strike Lanes right next to Fenway.

19.  Visit the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum.

20. See a movie at the Coolidge Corner movie theatre. 

Photo Sources:

http://www.professionallimos.c…

http://boston-info.com/images/…

Bridgid O'Brien is a senior at Boston College studying psychology. She has been a member of the Boston College Irish Dance Team for the past three years and has been Irish Dancing for fourteen years. She works as a fifth grade teacher's aide in one of the urban Boston middle schools and interned this summer at Massachusetts General Hospital working with children with autism and Asperger's disorder. Bridgid loves working with children and plans to continue onto graduate school for clinical psychology. Bridgid is excited for the year ahead and so excited for what the future holds!