20 Inexpensive or Free Boston Date Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

1.     Go to the Museum of Science for an evening planetarium show or explore the ever-changing exhibits.

2.     When the weather gets warmer, rent a canoe, kayak, or sailboat and spend the afternoon on the Charles River. 

3.     See what the Museum of Fine Arts has to offer – tickets for the main collections are free with your BC ID.

4.     Have a picnic in the Boston Gardens.

5.     Walk around Castle Island in South Boston and then watch the sunset on the beach.

6.     Take the Orange line train to Forest Hills and walk around the Arboretum to admire the foliage. Once the snow comes, go sledding down their amazing hills!

7.     Go skating on Frog Pond in the Boston Commons.

8.     Visit the Improv Asylum in the heart of the North End for an always-hilarious sketch comedy show.

9.     Take a tour of Fenway Park.

10.  Go to the Franklin Park Zoo

11.  Go to the aquarium – passes are free through O’Neill.

12.  Complete the Freedom Trail.

13.  Break out your artistic abilities with ceramic painting at the Clayroom in Brookline.

14. For you 21+ folks, take a tour of the Sam Adams or Harpoon brewery.

15. For just $12, take a salsa class at the Havana Club in Cambridge.

16.  See a concert at The Middle East or the Paradise Rock Club.

17. Take a Duck Tour!

18.  Show off your bowling skills at Lucky Strike Lanes right next to Fenway.

19.  Visit the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum.

20. See a movie at the Coolidge Corner movie theatre. 

Photo Sources:

http://www.professionallimos.c…

http://boston-info.com/images/…

Bridgid O'Brien is a senior at Boston College studying psychology. She has been a member of the Boston College Irish Dance Team for the past three years and has been Irish Dancing for fourteen years. She works as a fifth grade teacher's aide in one of the urban Boston middle schools and interned this summer at Massachusetts General Hospital working with children with autism and Asperger's disorder. Bridgid loves working with children and plans to continue onto graduate school for clinical psychology. Bridgid is excited for the year ahead and so excited for what the future holds!
Caitlin is currently a student at Boston College studying English and Pre-Law.  At BC, she is a member of the Boston College Irish Dance Club, on the Honors Program Student Executive Board's Community Service Committee, and interns and writes for the fashion and culture blog Rusted Revolution.  She has been wriring for Her Campus BC since Jaunary 2011 and is serving as BC's Campus Correspondent for the 2012-2013 school year.  Outside of school, she is a competitive Irish dancer, and has been dancing for 18 years. During her high school career, she completed an engineering project at Case Western Reserve University that made her one of 40 Intel Science Talent Search Finalists in 2009.   In addition to all of this, Caitlin loves reading, yoga, running, shopping, spending time with friends and family, and traveling.