18 Things Only BC Students Will Understand

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

At BC, there is a lot of diversity on campus. But, are we really all that different? When it comes to the “BC Bubble,” there are a few things we can all understand. Whether you are a freshman or a senior, chances are high you know exactly what we are talking about when we mention the following:

Mac and Cheese Day

The Upper and Newton battle (we all know Upper is better)

BC Housing Lottery

When you leave your laptop for just a minute in the library, and when you come back, you have that little white sheet of paper

Jesus, instead of clocks, in the classroom

“Do you want to go to White Mountain?”

When people confuse BC and BU 

The “10 year” plan

The B Line

“Who do you know here?”

The Million Dollar Stairs

When the Housing Gods are against you

But, when the Housing Gods are on your side…

Trying to pull yourself together during finals week…

After getting an A 

Transloc

The Common Core

Sundays 

So while BC may pride itself on diversity, we can all together appreciate these stereotypical BC- isms. 

Alana is currently a junior at Boston College studying Communications and marketing. She is the Publicity director and events coordinator for Her Campus BC as well as being a part of the editorial team. 
I am a Political Science major and Women's and Gender Studies minor at Boston College. I am an RA on campus and am involved in the Student Admissions Program. Since I am from Florida, I can legitimately say that I love long walks on the beach. I also love getting lost in a world fabricated by a novel, there is honestly nothing better.