12 Easy Nail Ideas for Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, you’ve probably been trying to figure out how you’re going to do your nails for the occasion. Whether you have a date for the 14th, a V-Day party that weekend, or just want to have an excuse to do your nails a new way, check out these 12 easy nail ideas. You’re bound to find at least one idea you’ll want to try!  

Red Marbled Nails

How to: After painting your nails red, layer glitter nail polish on top. Then, add another layer of red nail polish.

Red Nails with Gold Cuticles

How to: After painting your nails red, use gold nail polish to paint over the bottom portion of your nails. Top the portion of your nail in gold nail polish with glitter, if desired.

Hot Pink Nails with White Hearts

How to: After painting your nails hot pink, dip a toothpick in white nails polish to make hearts on your thumbnails. Make the hearts by making two white dots with the toothpick and connecting them.

Ombre Nails

Capture every shade of pink in this cute manicure! Creating Laura’s blog lets you know exactly what colors you need to copy the look.  

“Bubble Gum Bubbles” Nails

Learn how to recreate the look with this awesome tutorial! It will make your manicure burst with bright bubbles!

Light Pink Nails with White Hearts 

How to: After painting your nails a shade of light pink, dip a toothpick in white nails polish to make hearts on your ring fingers. Make the hearts by making two white dots with the toothpick and connecting them.

Dot Art Nails

How to: After painting your nails a medium shade of pink, dot your nails with red, hot pink, white, medium pink, and a light shade of purple.

Speckled Light Pink Nails

How to: Paint your nails a shade of light pink. Then, use a clear topcoat that has both red and white in it.

Pink Saran Wrap Nails

Yes; that is right this technique uses saran wrap. But don’t be scared. There is a step-by-step guide to help you with this manicure.  

Hot Pink and White Nails with Red Glitter Hearts 

Yes Missy has a DYI guide to this manicure. The tiny hearts may look tricky but you can find out how to make them glitter atop your fingertips.

Pink Sponged Nails 

This simple sponged look gives each finger a nice ombre effect. Find out how to do it yourself here.  

Red Nails with a Twist 

How to: Paint your ring fingers a medium shade of pink and the rest of your nails red. Then, using a clear topcoat with gold or silver glitter (e.g. “Luxeffects” by Essie in “As Gold As It Gets” or “Set in Stones”), paint over the pink nail polish on your ring fingers.  

Photo Sources:

creatinglaura.com

etsy.com  

mpnails.com

nailnarcotics.blogspot.ca

pinterest.com

spellboundnails.blogspot.com

yesmissy.com 

Meghan Gibbons is a double major in Communications and Political Science in her senior year at Boston College. Although originally from New Jersey, she is a huge fan of all Boston sports! Along with her at Boston College is her identical twin, who she always enjoys playing twin pranks with. Meghan is a huge foodie, book worm and beach bum