This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

We all know how fun it is to follow our friends on Instagram, seeing their late night escapades, pet pictures, and selfies. However, if you want to use Instagram to its full potential consider following some of these great interest-based accounts! 

1. Whimsy:

cintascotch

Javier Perez posts whimsical and creative sketches based around household objects.

2. Outdoors:

natgeo

This is the Instagram account for National Geographic.  It features breathtaking professional animal and nature photography.

3. Space:

marscuriosity

Ever wondered what the surface of Mars looks like?  This Instagram features unedited real time photos from the Mars Curiosity Rover.

4. Style:

manrepeller

Leandra Medine shows off her quirky sense of style on this blog turned Instagram account. 

5. Fashion magazine:

wmagazine

Follow W Magazine for editorial level fashion photos from a variety of designers and photographers!

[pagebreak]

6. Retail:

asos

The Asos Instagram is a wonderful account to follow if you are looking for unique ways to style your wardrobe without breaking your budget.

7. Model:

cocorocha

For a unique look into the daily life of a top model follow Coco Rocha!

8. Makeup:

michellefawn

The YouTube sensation, Michelle Phan posts gorgeous makeup photos for those of you that don’t have time to watch a makeup tutorial.

9. Healthy eating:

sproutedkitchen

Follow sprouted kitchen for gorgeous photos of healthy food, and if you’re like me, some motivation to put down the steak and cheese and grab something a bit healthier.

10. Not so healthy eating:

carrieannpurcell

If you’re looking to indulge your sweet tooth follow food photographer Carrie Purcell.

11. Roadtrip:

fosterhunting

Follow this Instagram for a virtual road trip across the U.S. with Foster Huntington, complete with a fabulous Volkswagen van!

Meghan Gibbons is a double major in Communications and Political Science in her senior year at Boston College. Although originally from New Jersey, she is a huge fan of all Boston sports! Along with her at Boston College is her identical twin, who she always enjoys playing twin pranks with. Meghan is a huge foodie, book worm and beach bum