alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Your October Horoscope

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Baylor chapter.

We’re halfway through the month of October and already faced so many obstacles. It doesn’t fret to check in on your astrological horoscope, whether you’re just looking for some future guidance or just curious about planets and your zodiac sign in general. Here’s what the rest of the month has in store for your given sign!

Aries: This is your month full of relationships, so you need to ask yourself “How can I deepen my primary relationship with myself?” You are near a breakthrough, allowing you to let go of old patterns or things that are hindering you from being happy. The Sun enters Scorpio on the 23rd This is a chance to break free of a destructive cycle that prevents you from deepening intimacy and opening to a greater flow of financial abundance.

Taurus: You’re in that process of finding balance to your daily routines and healing when you need them the most. This is also a powerful turning point in learning to reclaim your power to relate to others as equals. Don’t be afraid to ask for help but avoid expectations about where that help comes from. 

Gemini: This is your chance to establish yourself and make good choices. Prioritize. Release what doesn’t serve as your motto. The Scorpio new moon on October 27 is a chance to wipe the slate clean and start a new life that brings you a sense of fulfillment every day. Your ruler Mercury is in retrograde on the 31st, showing you there’s a learning curve when it comes to mistakes. Take every moment as a learning opportunity and keep the channels of communication open.

Cancer: This will be the month in which you find your inner peace and tranquility. Comfort the past, look back at it and leave it behind as you begin to rebrand yourself. As the Sun enters Scorpio on the 23rd, life is calling for a deeper dive into your heart. You may have thought you knew what you wanted, but this is the beginning of a journey of valuable discoveries about yourself and your heart.

Leo: As the Sun enters Scorpio on the 23rd you’ll be ready to retreat into your inner spaces. This is a new cycle for matters surrounding home, family, domestic partnerships, and your sense of security. Stick to the facts and keep a long-term vision in mind. The truth isn’t always easy, but it will free you. Mercury retrograde on October 31, suggesting ghosts of the past could resurface so you can confront them and find out what security truly means to you. For now, focus on the future you’re creating and your sense of security.

Virgo: If you’ve been feeling like your powerless as the Sun enters Scorpio on the 23rd, this will be your chance to reclaim that power. If you’ve been battling feelings of abandonment, betrayal, or fear of loss in a personal relationship, this is a chance to end a painful cycle. You don’t need to fear about losing anything or anyone you care about, but this is a chance to break free of a destructive cycle and find yourself. You have the power to choose. Be fair, be true to your values, and value yourself!

Libra: Libra season is almost over, but you’re going places and doing big things. Pace yourself so you don’t burn out. You can have what you want but be honest and encourage honest conversations with yourself and you can clear the air and get to the bottom of a truth and/or find closure. This is the end of a cycle, allowing you to deepen your relationship with yourself and you can deepen your connections with others.

Scorpio: This entire month has been your period of soul searching and figuring out who you are. Maybe you’re switching up your routines or throwing away old patterns but Trust that this is a breakthrough, clearing the path for you to live your best life and chase your passion. You can breathe life into a dream, creating space for it and taking action toward it daily. You don’t have all the answers, but trust your intuition and the universe. Take things one day at a time and your next steps will be revealed to you.

Sagittarius: This month is your chance to make fulfillments. Maybe you’re stuck right now trying to motivate yourself to achieve your goals, but trust yourself in the process and don’t worry about what others are doing. Life isn’t a competition, so it’s okay to take your time. It’s been a successful year for you. You’ve grown in wisdom, self-awareness, and awareness of your many gifts and talents. Over the coming four weeks, integrate your experiences as you prepare to reawaken and embody your journey.

Capricorn: You’re maybe insecure about your potential, but this is the time to take your opportunities to the next level! Don’t be afraid to chase your passion and dream big. You have friends and connections that can help. Just avoid expectations and you can reach a breakthrough. Sometimes the things you’ve wished for isn’t as impossible as you think!

Aquarius: On the 17th, the Sun moves into Libra, and you will be relieved from that which has troubled you in the past. With Mercury in Libra, you may worry or feel that life is a lottery. You may struggle to feel that you are “winning”. Please remember that life is full of challenges and each person has their struggles, we are just not always privy to them. Always seek out your friends who has been through your shoes. They can offer valuable advice and guide you through this process. This is your highest peak yet so hang in there and stay true to yourself.

Pisces: This month has probably given you some trouble and asking you to surrender control in something in which you feel out of control. As you make those pivotal life choices try to remember your values and what you want to invest your time in. As the Sun enters Scorpio on the 23rd, followed by the Scorpio new moon four days later, you’re being freed from a situation, embarking on a new journey, and gaining a fresh perspective on life.

Saidat Abu

Baylor '22

Saidat is a sophomore Neuroscience pre-med student at Baylor University. She is from Dallas, Texas and spends most of her time studying at Moody or the Baylor Science Building. When she's not studying or going to organization meetings she loves to go thrift shopping, raving, doing photoshoots and indulging on delicious food. She is a very strong advocate for mental health and influencing fellow peers to believe in themselves and always keep fighting!