Top Christmas Light Displays in the DFW Area

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Baylor chapter.

Even though the current day pandemic has halted some of our holiday plans, one thing we can always count on to stay running is experiencing Christmas lights. Due to social distancing guidelines to keep the world safe, you can still enjoy gazing at merry and bright holiday lights in a variety of drive-thru events scattered across the DFW metroplex. Having these events be pandemic safe allows people to experience some holiday cheer in a fun and different way. 

1. Dallas Zoo Lights at the Dallas Zoo, November 20th-January 3rd

The Dallas zoo has shifted their usual annual Zoo light spectacular to be completely drive-thru this year, allowing viewers to view the lights within the safety of their cars. Drive your car through a specified path constructed by the Zoo to view over 1 million holiday lights that celebrate the animals and the holidays. At the end of the route, make sure to stop by the Reliant Holiday Village!

2. Radiance! A Holiday Light Spectacular in Frisco, Weatherford, and Decatur, November 16th-January 3rd

At any of these three locations, you can drive your car through a mile-long light show experience. Tune in your car radio to a specific channel to find a station that plays holiday music that syncs up with the light show! Tickets will cost $30 per vehicle and snacks/drinks can be purchased as well. 

3. Gift of Lights at Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, November 26th-January 3rd

Continuing the annual tradition of the Gift of Lights, the Texas Motor Speedway has much to offer including over 3 million lights and two miles of displays. While there will not be a Santa’s Village this year, you will still be able to order ahead at any of the food trucks that will be present on the track. Order your ticket for $30-$60 depending on the vehicle size.

4. Santa’s Country Christmas at Seagoville, November 16th-January 1st

This Christmas light event takes place on Highway 175 in Seagoville, around 20 minutes from downtown Dallas. Now in its 4th year, Santa’s Country Christmas includes a 2-mile long route and free Santa Claus photos. Enjoy the lights, animals, and festive music in this fantastic event. Tickets cost $25 per vehicle and can be purchased at the door. 

5. The Magic of Lights at the Lakefront in Little Elm, November 20th-January 2nd

This amazing Christmas extravaganza showcases vibrant LED light displays and a lake view. With tickets ranging from $26-$35, you can experience this event from now until January 1st. 

6. Prairie Lights in Grand Prairie, November 26th-December 31st

This 15-year long tradition in Grand Prairie is back better than ever with a two-mile route that showcases over 5 million holiday lights around Joe Pool Lake. As a special Christmas gift, this year there will be cheaper admission. With drive-thru concessions as a fun bonus, this event costs $30 per car for up to eight people ($99 for a fast pass).

7. Vitruvian Park in Addison, November 27th-January 3rd

One of my favorite attractions this holiday season: the lights at Vitruvian Park! This park transforms into a magical holiday wonderland with a variety of colorful lights encompassing each tree. This holiday event opens November 27th and runs through January 3rd and opens daily from 5:00pm-11:00pm.

8. Luminova Holidays in Arlington, November 20th-January 3rd

At Luminova Holidays, you will be surrounded by dazzling lights, an outdoor ice skating rink, and holiday displays perfect for pictures. Come to the Globe Life Field in Arlington, Texas to experience: 2.7 million lights, a 65 foot tall Christmas tree, train rides for kids, food, and Santa Clause! This event is open from November 20th-January 3rd and tickets run from $14.99-$29.99 each. 

Even though we are still in a pandemic, we are still able to celebrate the holiday season with a variety of safe options. One of my fondest Christmas memories has been driving around neighborhoods near me with my family looking at Christmas lights. So these events are just another way to share that experience with everyone. 

Caroline Thiemann is a senior Marketing major with minors in History and Public Relations at Baylor University. She is from Plano, Texas and loves to go thrifting, collect records and go on runs. When she is not reading a new book or trying new restaurants, she loves watching a fun movie with her friends. Some of her favorite things include Taylor Swift, traveling, and dim sum.