So You’re Stuck at Home? Here are 5 Ways to Empower Women in Quarantine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Baylor chapter.

The world is going through a moment in history that we will never forget. Literally. With the COVID-19 pandemic taking over the world, it’s a great time to empower the women around us through this difficult situation.

Here are 5 ways to empower women, even in your two-day-old sweatpants.

Shop from Women-owned brands

COVID-19 has hit us all hard, especially our businesses. A great way to empower women is to shop online from female businesses to support them and to ensure that they are still open after this. 

Whether it’s a local business or a national brand, give them some love! Some of my favorites include ANDI, Bittersweet, and Fabled Bookshop.

Listen to some podcasts

Watching movies and tv shows on repeat can get a little boring after a while, so why not switch it up with a podcast? Podcasts are a great way to engage with female creators and learn something new! Spotify and Apple Podcasts have a great selection of podcasts created by women that are calling your name!

Send encouragement to your friends

I know I could always use some encouragement to be my best self during quarantine. A quick text, phone call, or even a letter can make someone’s day! Remind your girlfriends of the girl bosses they are and how powerful they can be!

Read from female authors

Turn your eyes away from the screen and into the pages of a book for a change! There is literally TONS of books out there from female authors that can keep you occupied and empowering women as well! A great way to get books without leaving the house is through Book of the Month, a monthly subscription box where you can select a book (or more) starting at $9.99!

Read more Her Campus Content

Of course, you can always read more women-empowering content right here! Not only are you empowering a team of aspiring female writers, CEOs and creatives, but you are always learning and gaining new knowledge in the process!

Either on your couch, at the kitchen table or in bed, you can empower women from the confines of your home. There hasn’t been a better time to encourage each other no matter who we are or where we are!

Chantal Canales is a senior journalism new media major at Baylor University. She is from McKinney, Texas, just north of Dallas. When she is not editing articles, she loves getting coffee with friends, reading books, discovering new places in Waco, and working at Fabled Bookshop and Cafe. She hopes to work as a book agent for a publishing house or as a magazine editor after her graduation in May 2021.