This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Baylor chapter.

Austin City Limits: basically the most exciting music festival of the year, second only to Coachella IMO! Divided into two weekends, ACL is jam-packed with some of the biggest names in music, including Guns and Roses, Childish Gambino, and Cardi B. This festival is a MUST do for not only Austin natives, but music-lovers from all over the country. Austin City Limits attracts people of all ages and tastes with their diverse lineup. It’s hosted at scenic and spacious Zilker Park in Austin, TX and features great food and better music. 

The artists pulled out all the stops for concert-goers. Just the thought of catching a glimpse of Billie Eilish and hearing “Bad Guy” live made my heart race! The headliners (Childish Gambino, Cardi B, Kacy Musgraves, and Billie Eilish, just to name a few) gave show-stopping performances, many of them performing both weekends. Austin City Limits gave concert-goers the time of their lives!   

My experience:

I was fortunate enough to attend Saturday of Weekend One and made the drive down from Waco, Texas with some friends. I’m a HUGE Childish Gambino fan and just HAD to see him live since he’s retiring from music in the near future. The crowd was especially massive and pushy, and the wait combined with the heat was nearly excruciating. Also, ACL tickets, merch, and food were extremely overpriced, as most music festivals and concerts are, but I did NOT want to miss out on this once in a lifetime experience. I wasn’t super happy to be dropping $250 dollars on a ticket for just Saturday, but the FOMO was going to be too much.

Was it worth it? Absolutely. 

Tessa Curtin

Baylor '23

Baylor Class of 2023