My Predictions for Taylor Swift’s Midnights Tour

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Baylor chapter.

The time has finally come! Taylor Swift has released her long awaited album Midnights – her first album with new music since Evermore in 2020. Now that the album is out everyone is speculating about her upcoming tour. Her Reputation tour made history being the third highest grossing female concert tour of all time. Making that tour the highest grossing tour ever in the United States and North America. This just makes getting tickets to the Midnights tour even scarier. Here’s what we know about her tour so far and what we can speculate based on her past tours! 

Pricing 

Based off of the Reputation tour, here are some facts regarding prices: 

1. The average cost of a ticket before the tour began was around $279 
  2. The average cost of a ticket after the tour started was around $128
  3. Reputation prices per area: 
  • Upper bowl: $80+ 
  • Middle bowl: $100+ 
  • Lower bowl: $150+ 
  • Floor: $200 
  • First rows and pit: $500+ 

Presale 

Taylor has released on her UK website that if you pre-ordered Midnights in any form (digital, vinyl or CD) from the UK store then you are automatically receiving a tour presale code. It is speculated that the same thing will happen to the US and Canada stores in the coming days. Especially since there are heavy rumors that tickets for her tour will go on sale in November. 

Ticketmaster and Boost system 

For her Reputation tour, Swift used the Verified Fan program through Ticketmaster so that the tickets wouldn’t get taken by bots to be sold on secondary markets. This led to only 5% of tickets sold to be taken by bots or scammers – which is unheard of. There is a high chance that this system will be used again for the Midnights tour. Here’s how that program works: 

• Taylor Swift announced the tour
  • Fans register in their city and get access to a specific portal 
  • Fans can boost their place in line to get an earlier presale code by watching music videos or listening to music 
  • Fans then receive a presale code through text during their presale window and unlock tickets. 

Dates 

Reputation was a stadium only tour that lasted from May 18 2018 to November 21 2019. Here are the US locations that she visited that she possibly visit for the Midnights tour:

United States 

• Glendale 
  • Santa Clara 
  • Pasadena 
  • Seattle 
  • Denver 
  • Chicago 
  • Louisville 
  • Columbus 
  • Landover 
  • Philadelphia 
  • Cleveland 
  • East Rutherford 
  • Foxborough
  • Pittsburgh 
  • Atlanta 
  • Tampa 
  • Miami 
  • Nashville 
  • Detroit 
  • Minneapolis 
  • Kansas City 
  • Indianapolis
  • St. Louis 
  • New Orleans 
  • Houston 
  • Arlington 

What will the setlist look like in my opinion

In the past, Swift usually played between 18-20 songs at her concerts. This usually includes the entirety of her new album and around seven of her older songs. However, since she has never performed any songs from Folklore, Evermore or Lover live before we can expect to hopefully see some of these songs featured. However, with the seven 3am songs that were released, who knows if Swift will adhere to this pattern. 

Could this concert be longer than her usual tour? How many people will you have to fight on Ticketmaster to get a ticket? Only time will tell, but we’ll be sure to keep listening to Midnights till we know.

Caroline Thiemann is a senior Marketing major with minors in History and Public Relations at Baylor University. She is from Plano, Texas and loves to go thrifting, collect records and go on runs. When she is not reading a new book or trying new restaurants, she loves watching a fun movie with her friends. Some of her favorite things include Taylor Swift, traveling, and dim sum.