Image of Mallory Harris; Member Monday
Image of Mallory Harris; Member Monday
Jacobi Reynolds

Member Monday: Mallory Harris

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Baylor chapter.

Here at Her Campus at Baylor, we are blessed with a team of fantastic individuals all specializing in areas of marketing, writing, social media and event planning.  To celebrate their work for our chapter, we are going to feature one member a week to highlight their contribution to our Her Campus Girl Gang!

Q: Hi there! What’s your name?

A: Hey! My name is Mallory Harris!

Mallory Harris
Mallory Harris

Q: What’s your year, major and hometown?

A: I am a freshman journalism major from Ennis, TX, just 30 minutes south of Dallas.

Mallory Harris
Mallory Harris

Q: Why did you choose to come to Baylor? How has your Baylor experience been so far? What’s your favorite part/tradition at Baylor?

A: Baylor was the only school where I could physically see myself walking the campus and growing into the person I wanted to be. So far I have loved every moment here at Baylor and have felt like this is where I am meant to be. My favorite tradition at Baylor is the homecoming parade; it was so cool to wake up before the game and go enjoy it.

Q: Why did you join Her Campus Baylor?

A: I joined Her Campus because I have always felt as though the writing of empowering women was just a brush-off, and I wanted to be apart of something that prioritized it.

Q: What do you enjoy most about being part of Her Campus Baylor?

A: Definitely the people and all the ideas and plans we come up with when we are together. Every time we meet up, I get to know everyone better and am always inspired.

Mallory Harris
Mallory Harris

Q: What teams are you part of on HC Baylor, and why did you decide to join those teams? 

A: I am the Events Director of Her Campus Baylor, as well as being part of the editorial team. I chose to take on these roles because I absolutely love to plan and get people together to enjoy moments, as well as enjoying writing.

Q: What did you wish people knew about Her Campus at Baylor?

A: I wish that people knew that yes we write about empowering women and such, but we write articles about stuff that happens at Baylor and all over the world.

Mallory Harris
Mallory Harris

Q: What does women empowerment mean to you?

A: Female empowerment leads to a better tomorrow. Therefore without female empowerment, there is no tomorrow.

Q: How would you describe Her Campus Baylor in one word?

A: HC Baylor is very fresh because we always have new ideas rolling around and try to reach new heights in our articles and on campus.

Q: Anything else you want to add? 

A: Follow HC Baylor on Insta: @hercampusbaylor

Chantal Canales is a senior journalism new media major at Baylor University. She is from McKinney, Texas, just north of Dallas. When she is not editing articles, she loves getting coffee with friends, reading books, discovering new places in Waco, and working at Fabled Bookshop and Cafe. She hopes to work as a book agent for a publishing house or as a magazine editor after her graduation in May 2021.