JLO and Shakira are Headlining Super Bowl 2020, and I Am SHAKING

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Baylor chapter.

Ladies and gents, put Feb. 2, 2020 on your calendars. Not only is it Superbowl 54, it’s a day that will live in history. Shakira and Jennifer Lopez are joining forces to perform the Superbowl Halftime Show.

Let it sink in that two iconic queens of singing and dancing are performing together foron one of the biggest stages in entertainment. Sure, we love watching some football, but you know we are here for JLO and Shakira giving us life on the field. 

On Sept. 26th, both superstars JLO and Shakira sent out a tweet announcing the halftime show partnership with the caption, “This is happening.” And the best part? They sent the tweets with pictures of each other!!  We LOVE these women supporting each other through this momentous occasion.

The responses from fans on Twitter was nothing less than amazing.

Growing up dancing to hits like “Hips Don’t Lie” and “On the Floor”, you can say I am a little more than excited to see JLO and Shakira take the stage for one night. Seeing two Latina goddesses take the stage in Miami next year gives me something to look forward to in 2020 for sure. I remember growing up listening to Shakira and watching one of her stage performances on DVD and absolutely going crazy when she emerged from a snake at the beginning of one of her shows back in the early 2000s. This past summer I had the absolute honor of watching Jennifer Lopez perform in Dallas for her It’s My Party tour celebrating her 50th birthday. 

So get ready, everyone. These two ladies are ready to take the world by storm next year. And I am SO here for it.

Chantal Canales is a senior journalism new media major at Baylor University. She is from McKinney, Texas, just north of Dallas. When she is not editing articles, she loves getting coffee with friends, reading books, discovering new places in Waco, and working at Fabled Bookshop and Cafe. She hopes to work as a book agent for a publishing house or as a magazine editor after her graduation in May 2021.