This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Baylor chapter.

When I moved to Waco from Atlanta, I was shocked by the lack of healthy food options in the area. I found it very hard to maintain the healthy lifestyle I once led in Atlanta. The closest restaurants were all fast food, and there were no organic food stores within a 20-minute drive of Waco. Over the past year and a half, I’ve found creative ways to maintain a healthy diet in Waco, and it has been easier than I thought! Here are some of my favorite ways to eat healthy in Waco.

Waco Farmers Market

500 Washington Ave, Waco

This is one of my favorite aspects of Waco! Even though Waco lacks an organic grocery, I would say the farmer’s market is a step up. It is open every Saturday from 9-1. They have great fruits and vegetables, eggs and dairy products, honey, and cold-pressed juices. You can also grab a quick bite to eat. There are many healthy food vendors to choose from. It is also a great way to support small businesses and our community outside of Baylor. 

Revival Eastside Eatery

704 Elm Ave, Waco

Revival is definitely one of Waco’s hidden gems! They have a hip atmosphere with indoor and outdoor seating. All of the ingredients are locally sourced. Their salads are incredible- my personal favorite is the Eve, with roasted sweet potatoes and Brussel sprouts, pumpkin seeds, carrots, and apples on it. 

Milo All Day

1020 Franklin Ave, Waco

Milo takes you away from Waco and makes you feel like you’re in a trendy part of a big city. My favorite time to go is during brunch, where they have so many healthy options. It’s hard to decide between the Farmer’s Daughter- featuring sweet potato, squash, brussel sprouts, arugula, and a fried egg- or the Heirloom Tomato Salad, with tomatoes, peaches, onions, pumpkin seeds, and romano cheese. Either one is a great choice and both of them taste delicious!

Luna Juice Bar

1516 Austin Ave, C, Waco

I love going to Luna for quick lunches with my friends, and it was always my go-to for rush dates. They have so much to choose from- whether you want a healthy snack or a cold-pressed juice, you can find it here. I like getting the Up-Beet Toasty for a snack, with two pieces of whole-grain toast, beet hummus, sunflower seeds, arugula, and avocado, and for a drink, I love the Red-Headed Hula Girl, with pineapple collard greens, ginger, and pineapple juice!

Harvest on 25th

112 N 25th St, Waco, TX

Harvest on 25th is one of the few places in Waco that have many vegan and vegetarian options. I love the atmosphere here, and it is such a cute place to have brunch with your friends. I love getting either the Harvest Falafel Salad, with green onions, millet falafel, pickled carrots, roasted squash, and brussels, or I get the Moroccan Rice Bowl, with cauliflower, cabbage, brown rice, pickled fennel, and apples.

Mamaka Bowls

215 S University Parks Dr, Waco

I always feel like a Pinterest girl when I am eating here. They have the best fruit bowls ever! I love The Mamaka, with acai, strawberry, banana, mango, blueberry, and orange juice, topped with strawberries, bananas, blueberries, and granola made in-house. Whenever I want something a little more chocolatey, I go for The Bean, with coffee, peanut butter, banana, agave, cacao nibs, and almond milk, topped with blueberries, banana, cacao nibs, and granola. 

Eating healthy in Waco is not that hard if you know where to look! I have definitely noticed an impact in my life since I started being intentional with my choices. This is a great start to living a healthier lifestyle- and it tastes great too.

From Atlanta Georgia, Journalism major at Baylor!