This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Baylor chapter.

For me, the holidays are about the birth of Jesus, family, friends, food and dressing up for all the celebrations. I love picking out festive pieces each year and having an excuse to look my best. Dresses are the way to go this season. They are so cute and make you look put together, but are also really easy to throw on and style. Here is a list of dresses I found that would be perfect for any occasion this holiday season! 

For the Family Function:

Family get-togethers are a huge part of the holiday season. One of my favorite traditions is getting dressed up and going to see relatives that I haven’t seen in a long time. Whether your family has a formal Christmas party or a casual gathering, here are some dresses that are cute and festive for when you reunite with loved ones. They’re also classy and ensure you won’t show too much skin around Grandma. 

Mock Neck Ruffle Dress

This dress is a subtle metallic silver color and I love the flattering mock neck and girly ruffles. It’s also on sale which is always a bonus!

Festive Flowy Dress

This bright red dress is so cute and perfect for Christmas. The sheer sleeves are a nice touch — it’s dressy but has a casual touch with the V-neck and drawstrings.

Blazer Dress

Blazers are so trendy right now. This piece can be worn as an actual blazer or a blazer dress. It’s sophisticated without seeming like you’re heading to your corporate job, and I think it’d be perfect for the holidays! 

New Year’s Eve:

New Year’s Eve is about glitz and glam, and these dresses are exactly that. This is one of the only times of the year that you can dress like a disco ball and you’re likely to fit right in with the crowd. I love the traditional, classy New Year’s Eve colors like silver, black and gold, so these dresses would be perfect if you’re attending a formal party or if you just want an excuse to get dressed up.

Silver Sequin Mini Dress

The sleeves. The sequins. The ruching. This dress is stunning and would make me want to dance the night away as soon as I put it on. It truly embodies a New Year’s Eve dress and I’m still contemplating adding it to my cart. 

Mock Neck Mini Dress

The open back on this dress is so fun. It’s still covered in sequins, but it’s a bit more classy than the last one because of the mock neck. This dress would look perfect with a high ponytail and some fun earrings!

Gold Party Dress

This dress is different from anything I’ve seen before but I love the gold color. It has just enough shimmer for New Year’s Eve without being overkill if sparkle isn’t your style, and it looks pretty comfortable. 

Casual:

Sometimes you want to look cute when doing last minute Christmas shopping. These dresses would be great for running errands around your hometown or for fun holiday activities with your family and friends. They also won’t break the bank!

Gingham Tiered Dress

I love the balloon style sleeves and gingham print on this dress! The green color is perfect for Christmastime and it would look so cute paired with booties or sneakers.

Sweater Vest with a Button Down

I aspire to have this effortless chic style. The sweater vest comes in so many colors and you can find a white button-down just about anywhere. It may scream “Gossip Girl,” but I also think it would be great for a trip to the mall or a secret Santa gift exchange party.

Overall Dress

This dress would be so fun to style! I’d probably wear it like the model with a long sleeve white mock turtleneck underneath and some layered necklaces, but you could design so many different outfits with it. The material also looks really soft which determines if I’m going to buy something 90% of the time.

Pleated Dress

This dress looks super casual and comfy, but is still festive because of the plaid. It looks like it has adjustable straps, which is so convenient and would look cute when grabbing last minute gifts or on a holiday date night. 

Holiday Soirée:

If anybody wants to invite me to a fancy Christmas ball, I will happily accept. These dresses are beautiful and would definitely turn some heads. They perfectly encapsulate both elegance and the spirit of Christmas. 

Elegant Satin Dress

This hunter green satin dress is beautiful. I love the one shoulder and the buttons on the sleeves. This dress would be perfect for the weather in Texas because you never know what you’re gonna get. You could pair it with a coat for extra warmth, or stay cool with only one sleeve.

Metallic Mock Neck Dress

This dress is so girly and classy. It would look cute with some tights and booties, and it comes in several colors that are perfect for Christmas! 

One Shoulder Sparkle Dress

The sequins on this dress are so pretty and I love the midi length. It also has one shoulder detailing and would look great with a colored pair of heels. 

Comfy & Cozy:

SWEATER DRESSES! They are cute, trendy, so comfortable and allow you to eat as many gingerbread men as you want. Pair one with tall boots and statement earrings and you’ll have a classic holiday look.

Slit Mini Sweater Dress

This cable-knit sweater dress really embodies this time of year. The turtleneck and long sleeves would keep you warm, but the slits add a cute, feminine touch. 

Two Piece Sweater Dress

I’m obsessed with this two-piece set. It looks comfortable but also flattering, and so cute with white booties like the model is wearing!

Sweater Shift Dress

This is a classic cream sweater dress. There’s not much to it, but it can be styled a lot of different ways and looks so chic. This one also looks really soft and is currently on sale.

Fuzzy Sweater Dress

This sweater dress is pretty unique, but I love it. It has a flattering mock neck and the fuzzy material looks so comfortable and warm.

Jumpsuits:

Jumpsuits deserve their own category. When you want to dress a step above casual but aren’t feeling a dress, jumpsuits are the way to go. They can easily be dressed up or dressed down and they’ve become so popular that you can find them in nearly every boutique. Here are a few that I think would be perfect for this time of year. 

Satin High Neck Jumpsuit

I seriously can’t have enough satin in my wardrobe. It makes any piece look so much more chic and sophisticated. The tie on this is so cute and I think it would look great with literally any kind of shoes depending on if you want to dress it up or down. 

Glitter Knit Jumpsuit

This jumpsuit is so feminine and I love the subtle glitter design. It looks like it should be way more expensive than it actually is, which is always the best find. It would be perfect for a nice dinner out or a Christmas concert.

Tie Waist Jumpsuit

I love this basic jumpsuit. It can be worn a ton of different ways and it’s black, so it goes with everything. The tie waist makes it a bit more fitted and the keyhole back is a cute touch! It could also be worn in any season by adding a jacket and changing what shoes you pair with it. 

There haven’t been many holiday events to attend the past couple of years, so I’m extra excited to dress to the nines this holiday season with some of these cute dresses and jumpsuits. Many of them could be worn to a variety of different occasions and styled different ways. Hopefully you were able to find one you liked, or get an idea of your style goals for all of the upcoming festivities! 

Kelsey Thomas is a junior Professional Writing and Rhetoric major at Baylor University. She was born and raised in the Rose Capital, Tyler, TX. Outside of school, she loves going to the movies, checking things off her bucket list, and organizing anything possible. She can always find comfort in rainy days spent snuggling with her pets and listening to her worship playlist.