This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Baylor chapter.

Do you feel like your place needs a new look? Has the weather made you feel like you need a fresh start? A great way to get rid of these feelings is by adding some new decor into your home. Springtime gives us the perfect opportunity to restyle and get ready for the warm summer weather. Here are some decorations that will give your place the spring vibes you’ve been missing this year. 

1. A bright-colored blanket

Blankets are amazing at making your place look cozy and cute. Getting a brightly colored blanket, like a yellow or a pastel color, will definitely create the spring vibes you’re looking for. Some stores like T J Maxx and Marshall’s have the coziest blankets for great prices. 

2. Flowers- 

Springtime brings us beautiful blooms. What’s an easier way to “spring” up your home by bringing in some of nature’s finest. You can buy fake ones, if you’re allergic,  or pick them yourself. Picking them can be a great activity to do with friends or a significant other. You can use a regular vase for your flowers but a mason jar would add a nice rustic touch.

3. Organizational items- 

Springtime is all about starting fresh and getting ready for the warm weather. A great way to start fresh is to get organized. Some light-colored bins or boxes can be useful for organizing different areas of your home while also keeping the spring vibes.  

4. Candles-

A new season means a new scent to bring into your space. Springtime is a perfect opportunity to burn your favorite floral or citrus scents. These scents usually come in bright colored jars which is the perfect addition to your spring aesthetic. 

5. Towels- 

Just like the blanket, brightly-colored towels can add a spring look to your bathroom. People don’t think about decorating their bathrooms but even the small things can make a difference. Adding new towels to your space will add the vibrant pop you’ve been missing.

Whichever idea you choose to incorporate into your living space, I hope it brings you the happiness and joy spring has to offer. Starting the year with a fresh space can definitely influence your mindset. My mom always told me that a clean space means a clean mind. It might be hard to revamp your place during finals and afterward, you may feel completely dead. But I encourage everyone to add something new to your space. Having a comfy, peaceful place to come back to at the end of the day is the best feeling. It can leave you feeling re-energized and ready to start the next day.

Mercedes is a senior, Sociology major at Baylor University. Mercedes is from Oceanside, California, a little bit north of San Diego. Her interests are playing with makeup, trying new restaurants, and driving around blasting music. Her career goals include going to law school to become a family or immigration lawyer or opening a homelessness recovery center.