On-Campus Gems for Your Next Study Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Baylor chapter.

Whether you need a study sesh right before your next class, are tired of going to the same spots, or are simply just too lazy to go too far, these places on Baylor’s campus are for you!

Barfield Drawing Room

Classy and elegant, this spot gives off a great aesthetic. It gives off different vibes from the rest of campus. With its comfy couches and windows (it’s always golden hour with that lighting), this is my absolute favorite place to study on campus. Whether it’s in the main drawing room or in one of the cozy little side rooms, you’re sure to love this spot too!

Baylor Law School

Many undergrads never even consider going to study in Baylor’s Law School. Yes, grad students have their classes here and the building does look kind of intimidating, but this doesn’t mean that undergrad students should avoid it! If you’re looking for a more sophisticated environment where you can really focus, this might be a place to check out!

Draper Courtyards

Individuals on their way to classes in Draper pass by and admire these little courtyards all the time, but did you know they make a great place to study? Filled with trees, benches, and sun rays, these stunning little courtyards that lie within the confinements of Draper are usually pretty empty. They’re perfect for concentrating and I’ve even seen a few cats around if you want to make a furry friend!

Moody Indoor Study Area

Want a break from the usually loud Starbucks area at Moody? Just head around the corner and where a bunch of bookshelves used to be, is now an open space with plenty of desks. This area is pretty quiet and I personally love the windows that really lighten up the room and make it feel so open.

Outside Between the BSB Corridors

Plenty of people love to study at the tables outside the BSB but the side of the building facing the intramural fields is a great place as well, especially if you sit on the little hill outside one of the corridors! The WiFi here isn’t always the greatest but this is still a lovely area where you can get a good view of the magnificent BSB.

We can all agree that you can go to pretty much any spot on Baylor’s campus, and it will be beautiful. There is such a variety of study spots on Baylor’s campus that there’s no need to keep going to the same places. There are certainly plenty more places to check out but I hope this is a good starting point!

Lauren Watkins is a senior speech pathology major and German minor at Baylor University. She is from Aurora, Illinois, right outside the city of Chicago. When she's not studying, she can usually be found painting, playing the violin, watching sunsets, or finding the best new sushi restaurants around.