Thanksgiving Break, as told by How I Met Your Mother

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.

Thanksgiving break is almost here and it is not hard to predict exactly how it will go down. After waiting two long months for a weeklong break, let the vegging out and chowing down begin. 

Arriving at home is the best feeling in the world. Your bed is the softest thing in the world, your TV is ready for you to catch up on all the shows you missed, and your fridge is always stocked with your favorite foods. 

Photo Credit

When you finally see your mom (and eat her food) you can’t help tearing up a bit.

Photo Credit

You finally get to see your childhood friends- friends that knew you when you were in kindergarden and when you had braces. They’ve seen it all and will never judge you for being a dork.

Photo Credit

When you go out with all of your friends, you are surprised (and delighted) to see that the boy in your 7th grade algebra class has turned out to be very cute.

Photo Credit

You and your girls can’t help but reminisce on fun -yet embarrassing- high school memories.

Photo Credit

Luckily, your friends are just as fun as they were in high school- if not even more. 

Photo Credit

Finally, Thanksgiving day arrives. There is nothing better than eating so much turkey, gravy, stuffing, and cranberry sauce that you feel like you may burst. 

Photo Credit

Oh wait- Thanksgiving dessert is just as good.

Photo Credit

The holiday comes to a close and, while you lie motionless in a food coma, your extended family heads back home. 

Photo Credit

Break can’t last forever, and so you pile back into the car for the long trip back to Bates. 

Photo Credit

Jane is a senior at Bates College, majoring in English and minoring in History. Outside of class, she dances ballet and practices yoga, religiously listens to Dave Matthews Band, and is a firm believer that dark chocolate acts as a well-rounded meal.