New Bar in Town: Sonder & Dram

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.

Here at Bates, we have two bars that students go to The Goose and the Cage. But, this summer Sonder & Dram came in and is changing the game. Unlike the classic Bates Bars, Sonder & Dram offers a new and different atmosphere. It seems as if it has been plucked from Portland and transported to Lewiston. There is a warm and opening environment with lots of mood lighting.

The drink menu is fun and exciting, you won’t find any jimbos on the list! I started out with the Sweet Tea & Bubbles; it is a Hennessy VS, Maraschino, Triple Sec, black tea, lemon, sugar, soda, sparkling wine drink. It is super smooth and tastes like a southern sweet tea. Also, I tried out one of the many seasonal ciders. Their drinks are reasonably priced and jam-packed with an amazing taste.

If you are 21 and above, you need to make your way down to Sonder & Dram before the end of the year!

Find out more here: https://sonderdram.com/

Elizah Laurenceau is a senior at Bates College. Her hobbies consist of rewatching Call Me By Your Name, using Huji to take pictures, and playing with her dog. She spends her days either glued on her computer or late nights finishing up work.