For the Love of Makeup Must Haves

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.

As a Latina, finding makeup is not an easy feat. It can be hard finding my correct shade and the right eyeshadow palette for my skin tone. Over the years, I have found some amazing products that I swear by and will always keep on buying.

MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

This powder foundation has changed my life. I first found it when I had my makeup done for me my senior year prom. I went into a MAC store and the artist pulled out this amazing powder foundation. I wear NC42 and I always buy the same shade, it works for me during the summer and winter. I have combination skin, so its lightweight formula has the perfect amount of coverage.

Fenty Beauty By Rihanna Match Stix Matte Skinstick

Rihanna has changed the game for us women of color. Her line is very inclusive and works wonders on our skin. And this contour skin is perfection. I have only had this Match Stix for a month and I can’t stop wearing it. It glides on my skin and blends so evenly. I wear the shade Espresso.

Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes™ 4-in-1 Mascara

I have naturally curled eyelashes, so all I look for is definition and boldness in my mascara. Tarte checks off all these boxes with this super mascara. It lasts all day long and looks fantastic.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Before this palette purchase, I never wore eyeshadow. I would dab a little here and there from my mother’s MAC palettes but never to the extent, I do to this day. The pigmentation on each of the colors is unreal and makes every look pop. It is one of my favorite palettes.

Elizah Laurenceau is a senior at Bates College. Her hobbies consist of rewatching Call Me By Your Name, using Huji to take pictures, and playing with her dog. She spends her days either glued on her computer or late nights finishing up work.