This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.

Article by Caitlyn Fitzgerald

After months of wearing false lashes almost daily, I had ruined my natural eyelashes which were now so sparse that I almost couldn’t bear to skip the falsies. With the rise of eyelash extensions that allow celebrities and everyday people alike to have killer lashes 24/7, it’s hard to not try to emulate that absurdly voluminous look.

However, I began to feel so self conscious when I wasn’t wearing fake lashes that I knew I had to fix the damage I had caused. Excessive use of strip lashes had torn out many of my real ones because of the glue I used to apply them. Though it was pricey (retailing at $65 from Sephora), I decided to invest in GrandeLash MD — a lash serum that promises amazing growth within 3 months. I was skeptical of reviews, but figured it was worth the shot to fix my lashes.

Two months later, I can definitely say this product has worked wonders. Infused with antioxidants, vitamins, and amino acids, the serum works to build thicker, longer lashes naturally. And BONUS: it’s vegan and cruelty free!

For anyone wondering if this product is worth the hype (and the money), I would highly recommend it. In both of these pictures, I am wearing no makeup to show how my bare, natural lashes look before and after using GrandeLash MD.

In my before picture, my lashes look few and far between, with little volume and length. In my two-month progress picture, they are long, strong, and full, even without the aid of mascara.

Don’t be worried about potentially wasting your money on a lash serum that doesn’t do its job; GrandeLash MD is a trustworthy solution for bolder lashes.

Main image from Popsugar.

Rachel Minkovitz is a senior at Bates College double majoring in Psychology and French and Francophone Studies. She spends a lot of time listening to music, hanging out with friends, reading and writing, advocating for social justice, and looking for furry animals.