Gala Makeup Looks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.

It’s just a few hours before Gala 2018, and if you’re anything like me, you’re just now realizing that you have no idea what you’re going to do for makeup. I love the process of getting ready to go out with friends- it’s so much fun to put on pump-up music and have some friends over so we can all get ready together.

While I have my dress and shoes picked out for tonight, I’m not sure what makeup look I’m going to try. Do I go retro with a red lip and cat eye, or glam with glitter eye shadow, or something entirely different, like a vampy purple lip?

I’ve been looking at videos of makeup tutorials on YouTube for some inspiration, and here are some of the coolest that I’ve found so far. Here’s to all of us looking fierce and amazing at Gala!

For a simple, yet glam look:

For glowing skin and winged eyeliner sharper than a pair of stiletto heels:

For a metallic sunset eye vibe with a purple lip:

For a more subdued eye and a bold red lip:

For a neutral look that’s still fab:

For a smoky purple and bright gold eye and a denim blue/purple lip:

For makeup that’ll make you look like a goth princess:

Have fun at Gala!

Main image courtesy of Unsplash.

Rachel Minkovitz is a senior at Bates College double majoring in Psychology and French and Francophone Studies. She spends a lot of time listening to music, hanging out with friends, reading and writing, advocating for social justice, and looking for furry animals.