burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.

Gala dress season is upon us. That means it’s time to scavenge the internet to try to find the best dress for that magical night. but do not worry, I am about to bless you all with the best websites to find the dress that will make you SHINE. These online shops have never failed me when it came to finding the dress.

Zara

Zara has a unique style, it’s not your average Urban Outfitters halter dress. For my first Gala, I found a cute little black dress with a sheer back. It is my favorite dress to this day. Zara has a lot to offer, so give it a try.

ASOS

Now, I know what you are all going to say, ASOS is a deep hole that will take you at least a week to go through. But, diamonds are built under pressure. Pro-tip: use filters! If you know you what a red dress that’s midi length, filter it. It will save you so much time.

Nordstrom

When I mean Nordstrom I mean either the sale section or Nordstrom Rack. There is no need to spend more than $50 on a gala dress. Spend your money wisely.

Berskha

If you haven’t heard of Berskha, she is basically Zara’s younger sister that is in her 20s and on a budget but is very stylish. It is very different from Zara and perfect for that college student budget. Berksha is big in Europe and has one store in New York but is on the rise.

Elizah Laurenceau is a senior at Bates College. Her hobbies consist of rewatching Call Me By Your Name, using Huji to take pictures, and playing with her dog. She spends her days either glued on her computer or late nights finishing up work.