Five Valentine’s Day Gifts Better Than Chocolate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.

Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, which could either excite you or make you want to vomit. Whether you’re in a relationship or single as a Pringle, Valentine’s Day is still a fun way to show your loved ones that you care about them! While candy and chocolate are Valentine’s Day staples, one person can only handle so many heart-shaped boxes of chocolates stuffed with somewhat odd flavors like coconut meringue or strawberry nougat. Here are five other things you can gift your loved ones to show them how much you love them:

Romantic Vinyl Records

Find one of your favorite love songs on vinyl and gift it to your loved one. Even if they don’t have a record player, you can use it as an excuse to buy them one for another holiday and save yourself the hassle of thinking up another present. Then, you can just buy them a vinyl for every celebratory occasion after that!

Foodie Dice

Trying to spice up your relationships? Why not try cooking something new! Roll the dice to select one of 186,000 possible combinations and enjoy a nice meal with your significant other or best friend.

Find them here: https://www.uncommongoods.com/product/foodie-dice

Polaroid camera

What better way to capture an evening than with a camera that instantly spits the picture right back at you. Polaroids are fun, easy, and a great way to make your night a little more special. Plus, you’ll have so many fun pictures of your special time together! While there are some expensive options, Fujifilm has a cheaper option that can be found for $60 at Walmart.

Shot glasses

Who doesn’t like taking shots? Doesn’t matter if you’re single, in a relationship, or some weird in-between of the two, these themed shot glasses will definitely give you and your loved ones warm fuzzies.

Find some cute ones here: https://www.cafepress.com/+valentine+shot-glasses

Something cute and homemade

Broke? Lazy? Bored? If all else fails, just go the homemade route. My boyfriend gifted me with a jar of “50 Reasons Why I Love You” and I melted to the floor. You could also make cute coupons that include things like “One twenty-minute back massage” or “One dinner where you can order whatever you want and I’ll pay the bill.” Homemade gifts are timeless and are a sure way to please your loved one!

Take advantage of these gift suggestions and make your Valentine’s Day more special this year than ever before!

Sophie Warren is senior at Bates College majoring in biology and history. She's from Massachusetts but was born in Wisconsin, so cheese is a really important part of her life. Her interests include dogs, tacos, and chillin.
Elizah Laurenceau is a senior at Bates College. Her hobbies consist of rewatching Call Me By Your Name, using Huji to take pictures, and playing with her dog. She spends her days either glued on her computer or late nights finishing up work.