Cleaning My Room

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.

I have a serious problem. I can never keep my room clean. Yesterday, I spent a good chunk of my day cleaning. From vacuuming to folding clothes, I thoroughly cleaned my room.

This morning I woke up to a disaster. It was as if a tornado ran through my room. It was a crime scene. But why is it that I can’t keep a tidy room.

I thought about this issue today, instead of cleaning.

Here are my conclusions:

1. After a long day of going to classes and doing homework, it is impossible for me to think about cleaning. All I want to do is lay in bed and watch Netflix.
  2. Coming home from a night out, I am exhausted and very lazy. So, instead of putting away my clothes like an adult I throw them on the ground and hop into bed. This leads to a downward spiral.

Maybe after I complete my senior thesis, these problems will disappear. Fingers crossed.

Elizah Laurenceau is a senior at Bates College. Her hobbies consist of rewatching Call Me By Your Name, using Huji to take pictures, and playing with her dog. She spends her days either glued on her computer or late nights finishing up work.