pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Campus Cutie: Wilder Felix ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.

Maybe you saw this week’s cutie killing it at the Mount David Summit yesterday with his neuroscience research. (See above picture.) Or maybe you’ve seen him killing it everyday in the weight room. Brawn and brain, Wilder Felix ’15 took time out of his busy schedule to answer our nosy questions. Keep reading to get to know him! 

Name: Wilder Felix

Hometown: Lawndale, CA

Major: Neuroscience

Year: 2015

Astrological sign: Gemini

Relationship status: Single

Sexual orientation: Straight

Best class at Bates: The best class I took at Bates was Cognitive Neuroscience with Nancy Koven. It covered the psychological aspects of neuroscience and on top of that, many neurological disorders and the tests that are administered to diagnose and assess their severity.

What are you involved in on campus? I’m on the President’s Advisory Committee.

What would your ideal job be? My ideal job would definitely be working out. Getting paid to do what I love to do in my free time would be awesome!

After grad plans? Land a job in preparation for grad school, preferably in San Francisco (although I’ve come to like the East Coast). 

Places where you can most often be found: Commons and Underhill. I spend TOO much time in both those places.

Pick one food to eat for the rest of your life: Chocolate. There are so many varieties and levels of bitterness, you can always find one that suits your fancy

You have a whole Saturday afternoon free. What do you choose to do? I’d go to an amusement park with friends, most likely Six Flags…even though I’m terrified of heights and my legs go weak.

Pick-up Line: What are you passionate about? (I like to get straight to the point.)

Dream Date: Hiking a light trail over at Point Mugu State Park and stopping for lunch over a nice view (I would obviously have prepared something to eat beforehand) before hiking back to the beach!

Point Mugu State Park (Photo Credit: Jake Rajs)

Tell us a secret. I’m slightly allergic to peanuts and chocolate, which makes eating peanut butter cups, and the like, pretty interesting….but I’m by no means gonna stop eating the two.

Superpower? The ability to travel through time. It would be awesome if I could see what things were like at different points in history and prehistory.

Pick your Patronus: I’m not a Harry Potter fan (long story), so I had to look up what a Patronus is, but I’d say a panda bear. I could eat and sleep all day.

Photo Credit

Favorite show? Walking Dead. This show has evolved so much since its first season. It’s really amazing seeing how the characters have evolved. The season that just ended was by far my favorite; they did a great job of showing just how much the main characters have changed from being “normal” as a result of the zombie apocalypse. There’s so many levels to it!

Top three things your friends love about you? Good sense of humor, ambitious, strong-willed.

Favorite movie? Kung-Fu Panda. It’s just an all around great movie that I can watch over and over, which is rare for me.

Life motto: Do what you have to do to accomplish your goals; give 100% because what you put in is what you get out.

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? Without a doubt, the Philippines. One of my best friends is from there and he’s told me how great it is, and showed me photos to prove it. Plus, he promised he’d show me around when I go.

Photo Credit

Celebrity Crush: Michelle Lewin. She’s not mainstream, but the girl has a crazy work ethic which is reflected in her amazing transformation.

First thing you notice about a girl: The way she dresses. Her style says a lot about what she’s like and what she likes.

Top three favorite qualities in a girl: Humble, self-motivated, strong-willed. These qualities just encapsulate many other traits by default.

What is the best way to make a first impression on you? Be yourself and talk. I’m good at matching people’s energy, whether it be low or high….but not too high.

Do you have your eye on anyone at Bates? Yeah, but I’m not sure if she got her’s on me.

What is one thing on your Bates bucket list: Streak. 

Becca Carifio is a senior history major at Bates College. Obsessed with coffee, scarves, videos of cute animals and polka dots. Currently trying to convince her parents that reading comic books for her thesis on Wonder Woman during World War II is worth their tuition money.