Campus Cutie: Whitney Lees ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.

Name: Whitney Lees

Year: 2017

Hometown: Old Greenwich, Connecticut

Major: Rhetoric and Theater

Minor: Anthropology

Relationship status: Single

Best part about Bates: Frye Street

Places you can be found on campus: Hanging on the porch at Holmes house, in the Ronj goofing around with the Strange Manfellows, and anywhere but the library

Dream job: A sketch comedian or working on a TV show

Ideal date: A picnic including gluten-free alternatives and a concert with good music

Photo Credit

Favorite TV show: 30 Rock or Curb Your Enthusiasm

Favorite song: The Only Living Boy in New York by Simon and Garfunkel

Celebrity crush: Hugh Laurie (old or young)

Bates crush: Ian Erickson

Best advice ever received: “Don’t let people take up space in your mind rent-free”- Gerry Lees

Exciting thing to look forward to this semester: Ian and I are creating a comedic podcast (Check out NO FOMO’s Facebook page here)

Photo Credit

Favorite Harry Potter character: Remus Lupin

Who would win in a fight between Superman and Batman? Batman

Most embarrassing moment: My whole life is full of embarrassing moments… But freshmen year, I was walking to Anthro 101 and listening to the Notorious Big Pandora station and everyone was already sitting down. I quickly took my headphones out before class began and, unfortunately, a commercial for egg donors starting blasting out of my phone for everyone to hear… I also broke my wrist streaking after 90s dance and still went to a party at Bardwell.

Final word of Bates wisdom: Don’t let not getting in the door of a party make you think you’re still not beautiful.

Jane is a senior at Bates College, majoring in English and minoring in History. Outside of class, she dances ballet and practices yoga, religiously listens to Dave Matthews Band, and is a firm believer that dark chocolate acts as a well-rounded meal.