Campus Cutie: Kevin Deng ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.

Name: Kevin Shun-Kai Deng

Hometown: Norwood, Massachusetts

Major: Biology

Minor: Educational Studies

Year: 2015

Astrological Sign: Capricorn

Relationship Status: Undisclosed

Favorite Dish: Sweet and spicy smoked ribs

Favorite Color: Lime green or red, but not together

Dream Date: A romantic, fun ski/snowboarding trip in British Columbia on a day with light flurries; after playing in the snow and enjoying the outdoors, we come back and cozy up to a fireplace with a couple drinks and warm, delicious meal. Then, we hop in the outdoor hot tub to relax and enjoy a quiet evening, watching a meteor shower and enjoying the moment. 

When you were little, what did you dream of being when you grew up? A pilot!

Would you rather be liked or respected? Ideally both, but if I had to choose one – respected.

What do your friends say is your best qualities? Friendly, easygoing, and adventurous. 

Three songs you would take to a desert island: Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen, Hakuna Matata – The Lion King, any song by Hans Zimmer

What do you worry about, and why? I worry about all the great relationships I’ve made here at Bates and trying my best to keep in touch with all those friends with whom I’ve shared so much. I hope that no matter what I do after college, I’ll always have time to maintain my connections with them.

Where would you go in a time machine? The year of 2090, just around the time after my probable death.

Celebrity Crush: Mila Kunis, Zooey Deschanel, Emma Watson and Rashida Jones.

Top three qualities in a girl: (1) Thoughtful, (2) spontaneous, and (3) confident in her own skin.

Becca Carifio is a senior history major at Bates College. Obsessed with coffee, scarves, videos of cute animals and polka dots. Currently trying to convince her parents that reading comic books for her thesis on Wonder Woman during World War II is worth their tuition money.