Campus Cutie: Bantu Mabaso ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.

Name: Bantu Mabaso

Class year: 2018

Relationship status: Single

Hometown: Mpaka, Swaziland

What are you involved in on campus?  The Africana Club and The Caribbean Students Association

Something we don’t know about you?  Comic books are my guilty pleasure

What is your secret to your beauty?  I try to stay hydrated and at least have 7 hours of sleep a day (even if that means squeezing in a few naps here and there)

Tell us about your abroad experience:  Studying abroad in Scotland was truly a coming of age experience. I loved immersing myself in a metropolitan city and gaining a deeper appreciation for performance art and Scottish literature. Exploring the Scottish countryside and learning about the rich history of the Highlands was magical. The scots are very relaxed and welcoming which made my experience all the more amazing.

Major: Politics 

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?  Traveling around South East Asia.

Favorite book?  By The River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept by Paulo Coelho

Favorite movie?  The Great Gatsby (The Baz Luhrmann version)

Favorite Commons meal?  The Baked Fried Chicken, mashed potatoes, and Steamed Broccoli always do it for me.

If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?  Nothing really, everything about me makes me who I am. And I really enjoy being me.

Bantu, thank you for being you and making Bates great!