clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Campus Celebrity: Jimmy Walsh ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.

Friends, Bobcats, countrymen, lend me your ears. This week Her Campus Bates is pleased to feature the incredible Jimmy Walsh ’16 as Campus Celebrity! Check out my interview to learn more about him!

Name: Jimmy Walsh

Class year: 2016 (Shockingly I’m graduating on time)

Hometown: Andover, Massachusetts 

Area of study: Politics major with a focus in political economy 

Relationship status: Single

What are you involved in on campus? I played football and baseball my freshman year, but my 19th concussion ended my athletic career and caused me to miss a semester of school. For the last two years I have stayed involved with the football team as a student assistant. 

Something we don’t know about you? I have never drank coffee.

What are some of your hobbies? Fishing, sailing and intramural sports hardo. 

We heard you used to be an incredible athlete! Tell us about your athletic career: While I was once a member of two sports teams here at Bates, I now limp over to gym on my twice surgically repaired right knee. After about five minutes on the elliptical my back begins to tighten up and the scar tissue in my shoulder causes my entire arm to lock up. I then go straight home to lie in bed for an hour to let my body recover and tell my roommates stories from my athletic career for the hundredth time.  

Do you have any plans for after graduation? I am working as a camp counselor at Cape Cod Sea Camps to put off the real world for a couple more months. 

Biggest pet peeve? Having to listen to Shaun Carroll attempt to sing and play the guitar.

Who is your role model? Mark Upton, the perfect human. 

What was your first thought when you woke up this morning? If I hear my roommate Sam Freeman’s alarm go off one more time I’m going to throw his phone out the window. 

What’s your best quality? My five o’clock shadow.

Favorite class at Bates? Methodologies of Coaching.

Celebrity crush? Kate Mara.

One word that describes you? Simple.

Favorite TV Show/Movie? 24, Family Guy and Game of Thrones.

If you could switch places with any celeb, who would it be and why? Julian Edelman because he is an absolute stud on and off the field.

What’s your theme song? Chicken Fried by Zac Brown Band.

Best way to start a conversation? On a scale of one to America how free are you later? 

Favorite food? Cheeseburger and fries.

Favorite book? Unbroken A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption.

Something you can’t live without? Television access to the Boston sports teams.

Favorite quote? “Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing, moderation is for cowards.” 

Jimmy, thanks for being you and making Bates great!