This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.

Friends, Bobcats, countrymen, lend me your ears. This week Her Campus Bates is pleased to feature the fantastic Britta Clark ’16 as Campus Celebrity! 

Name: Britta Clark

Class: 2016

Hometown: Goshen, Vermont

What are you studying at Bates? Environmental Studies, Philosophy, Education

What are you involved in on campus? Nordic ski team, First ever female Varsity Bobcat Den Delivery Squad Member.

What are some of your hobbies? Eating late night cereal, compiling lists of commons crushes, outdoor recreation with the pals, curating my ‘middle school grind’ Spotify playlist. 

Something we don’t know about you? I was once a highly rated member of the United States Pony Club.

Best way to start a conversation? Reach for the same tongs at the salad bar, apologize profusely. 

What does a “day in the life of Britta” look like? Coffee, breakfast of champions, a couple hours in my secret thesis cave, coffee, class, ski training/trying to look impressive in the gym, ample commons time, purposeful work internship sweeping the stairs in Carnegie, party on first floor Ladd, strict 10:30 bedtime. 

Guilty pleasure? Every day I eat at least 20 of those tiny sweet pickles in commons. 

Tell us about your ski career: It’s been an incredible four years on the ski team! Easily one of the most important parts of my Bates experience, so much love goes out to my ski family. We’re heading into our last two weekends of racing now and I am excited/scared for my impending retirement. 

Describe some of your goals for the future: Finish thesis, read more books, hike more mountains.  

If you could have one super power, what would it be and why? Invisibility cloak to cut the Pad Thai Line. 

Biggest pet peeve? When the water at the tea station isn’t hot.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Either a wildly successful lawyer/intellectual or in the midst of an existential crisis after spending 10 years as a ski bum in Montana.

If you could switch places with any celeb, who would it be and why? I’d switch with Clayton so I could install a espresso machine in the library and reinstate Trick or Drink. 

What’s your favorite quote? 
“To know the way, 
we go the way, 
we do the way.
The way we do,
the things we do,
it’s all there in front of you.
But if you try too hard to see it,
you’ll only become confused.
I am me and you are you.
As you can see; 
but when you do 
the things that you can do, 
you will find the way.
The way will follow you.” 
    -The Tao of Pooh

Britta, thanks for being you and making Bates great!