This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.

I think most people with accounts agree that Instagram can be a fun way to pass time: just scroll, scroll, scroll… Are you in need of some account recommendations to freshen up your feed? You’re in luck!

@adamtots

This is an account run by cartoonist Adam Ellis, and it’s an absolute gem. He posts his uber-relatable comics and cartoons, and honestly it’s just a great time.

@batescommonscrushes

This account is one of my personal favorites, and as a bonus, it’s Bates-specific! People send in their Commons crushes, and as long as the message isn’t sexually graphic, the note is posted on the account. For shy submitters, there’s now a Facebook page with a Google Form to send in messages completely anonymously.

@therealbatesbollege

Another Bates-specific Instagram and another of my personal favorites, this account reposts photos from the Bates College Instagram and adds fun captions. I can’t fully explain it (it must be experienced to be understood), but it’s pretty magnificent.

@thedogist

This account is a bit like @humansofny but it’s all dogs. I don’t think any further explanation is necessary here.

@designerdaddy_

Do you love elaborate costumes? Then this is an account you should definitely follow; it’s all gorgeous homemade costumes. It really just makes me wish I had an occasion to wear a ballgown (although arguably, every occasion is an occasion to wear a ballgown).

@fuckjerry

Mostly screenshots of funny Twitter posts, this account is just funny to look at and scroll through.

@dianexguerrero

This is the official Instagram account of official badass Diane Guerrero, who just so happens to be a really cool person with a beautiful feed.

@paperboyo

Using paper cutouts, this Instagram account reshapes how we see buildings and other common objects, and creatively transforms them into various familiar things like dogs, Legos, and butterflies.

@tabbyrabbit

This is the account of an illustrator and dog-owner who creates beautiful drawings of pups. They’re clean and beautiful and awe-inspiring. Would recommend. Plus, you can order prints and merchandise from their online store.

@therock

The Rock’s official Instagram account is awesome; he posts pictures of his meals, inspiring workout photos and videos, and the occasional clip of him singing, which is the true highlight of his feed.

Rachel Minkovitz is a senior at Bates College double majoring in Psychology and French and Francophone Studies. She spends a lot of time listening to music, hanging out with friends, reading and writing, advocating for social justice, and looking for furry animals.