This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ball State chapter.

As the winter arrives, we all experience that unrelenting need to buy all of those cute and snuggly sweaters at Target. And let’s not forget to mention the dollar section. Seriously. What I am trying to say is that our bank accounts may be looking a little (ok, a lot) depleted. Thankfully, here are some winter wardrobe selections $50 and under to get you through any occasion this season.

Casual & Cute

We can all enjoy the classic jean and tee combo during any season. It gets even better when you throw in cute graphics or dark florals. Seasonal shopping stress may be ugly,, but your outfit doesn’t have to be. Not with these cute pieces from H&M, anyways. 

You’ll Need: Mock-turtleneck Top, 17.99, Printed Cropped Top, 11.99, Girlfriend Regular Jeans, 17.99 

Shop here, here, and here

Going Out

I think it’s safe to say that we all miss going out, but this holiday season will be even more so. But with these cute dresses? Staying at home has never seemed better. Serving looks in that pink dress over your New Year’s Eve Zoom party would seal the deal. 

You’ll Need: Puff-sleeved Dress, $17.99, Mesh Dress, $17.99, Short Chiffon Dress, $11.99

Shop here, here, and here

Stay At Home Cozy 

When the weather is bad, it’s the perfect time to snuggle up. Having the perfect pajamas are key for your cozy winter experience. Five Below has been a blessing for many of us, and they never disappoint. Every single item pictured is five dollars. Saving money is the perfect cherry on top of these already amazing pajamas.

You’ll Need: plush lounge pants black w/ stars, $5, plush lounge pants leopard print, $5, plush lounge pants colorful snowflakes, $5, scuff slippers w/ faux fur cuff gray, $5, brush-knit henley top heather gray $5, soft ribbed lounge tank top mint green, $5, scuff slippers w/ faux fur cuff chestnut brown, $5, moccasin fur-lined slippers gray, $5

Shop here, at Five Below!

Athleisure 

Let’s be real here, the best part of working out is buying the clothes to work out in. Workout clothes? Sure, maybe for my New Years Resolution. Cute athleticwear, though? Sign me up. On a side note, they can be expensive, but fear not. Here are some fabulous pieces to have your morning run to those holiday dinner leftovers. 

You’ll Need: Hooded Jacket, $19.99, Seamless Sports Top, $14.99, Seamless Sports Leggings, $14.99

Shop here, here, and here 

Her Campus Ball State staff Ball State Class of 2024 I love reading and all things fashion Follow me on socials to see what I'm up to!
Ball State Chapter of Her Campus