adult alluring attractive 2848024 1jpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
adult alluring attractive 2848024 1jpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Photo by Ekrulila from Pexels
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ball State chapter.

World News- Valentine’s Day: From Lover with love to lift Covid-19 gloom, Associated Press 

Valentine’s Day is about more than just romantic love, and Covid-19 has reminded us of the importance of family and friends in tough times. The village of Lover in Wiltshire launched a “send a little love campaign” this year in order to spread joy and encourage people to stay connected. Whether it’s a love letter to your significant other or a handwritten note to your grandma, make sure that you reach out to your loved ones this year and remind them of their importance in your life. 

National News- Show Your Love With Dried Flowers, The New York Times 

If you are looking for a new way to say “I love you” this Valentine’s Day, check out dried flower arrangements! A more environmentally friendly alternative to fresh flowers, these beautiful bouquets are meant to last beyond just February 14. Support your local florist, check out an online shop, or even try your hand at floral arranging with the guide at the end of the Times article. Regardless of where you obtain these unique flowers, the recipient will be grateful without a doubt. 

Local News- 12 things to do for Valentine’s Day in Indianapolis — at home or on the town, IndyStar  

Trying to make Valentine’s Day plans has been trickier than ever this year due to Covid-19, but it is certainly not impossible. You and your loved one can enjoy a virtual concert at home, make the trip up to Indy for an art exhibit or show, or enjoy a peaceful night of crafting and games from the comfort of your couch. No matter what you choose to do on the 14th, however, make sure you are mindful of Covid restrictions so that you can enjoy a safe and pleasant Valentine’s Day. 

Monet Lindstrand is the Ball State Her Campus chapter's Senior Editor! She is a Political Science and Women and Gender Studies double major with minors in French and Campaign Communications. Outside of Her Campus, she is the Vice President of the Student Government Association, President of the Panhellenic Association, and Director of Alumnae Relations for the Zeta Kappa chapter of Kappa Delta. Monet is a vegetarian and has a passion for women’s rights and politics!