jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The most wonderful time of the year: Muncie in the Fall (Week 2)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ball State chapter.

The Fall season is anticipated by many, but what is there to do when you’re away form home? Ball State offers many Autumn-related activities, but don’t miss out on all that the City of Muncie has to offer the community – including you!

Editor’s Note: This article features activities during the week of October 11 to October 17. Future events will be listed in our calendar.

Family Adventure Day

October 14 from 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Minnestrista, 1200 West Minnestrista Parkway

Bring your family and friends to Minnetrista for adventures together this fall break and engage with the world of engineering! Get involved with PhyxtGears—the local robotics team—and enjoy their demos. Whether it’s making gliders with AMA’s (Academy of Model Aeronautics) National Model Aviation Museum, Betty’s Doll House & Cabin or interactive Explorer Bags, there will be something new for you to explore.

Active Transportation Indiana

October 15 from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Horizon Convention Center, 401 S. High St.

Do you love to bike or spend time in the outdoors? community guide to pedestrian and bicycling design. This FREE event is open to anyone interested! Simply register here to participate http://bit.ly/MuncieBicycleSeminar

Open Blues Jam

October 15 from 8:00 p.m. – 11:30 p.m., 219 S. Walnut Street 

Open blues jam takes place every Thursday evening at Valhalla – Downtown Muncie’s only live music venue! The vent is for individuals 21 and older, but if you are of age, this a great chnace to listen to local musicians and meet new people!

After Hours at Minnetrista: Food Truck Friday

October 16 from 6:00 p.m, – 8:30 p.m., The Orchard Shop courtyard

Roll in and eat your favorite local food on wheels! This is a great way to relax with friends while supporting local businesses. Admission includes food and live entertainment! In partnership with Rolling Luau, Uptown Dogs and New Corner Brewing. A 21-and-older event. The cost is $15, but you won’t go bored on a Friday night!

Into the Woods

October 16 at 7:30 p.m. and October 17 at 9:30 p.m., Muncie Civic Theatre, 216 E. Main St.

“The story follows a baker and his wife who wish to have a child, Cinderella who wishes to attend the King’s Festival, and Jack who wishes his cow would give milk. When the baker and his wife set off to break the Witch’s curse, everyone’s wish is granted, but the consequences of their actions return to haunt them later.”

If you love theater and local events, this gives you a great mix of both! Don’t miss this show before it’s gone!

Goldilocks and The Three Bears

October 16 at 8:00 p.m. and October 17 at 10:00 p.m. Muncie Civic Theatre, 216 E. Main St.

“When the worlds of bears and people collide, everyone learns that girls and bears aren’t as ferocious as they may seem.” Another great opprotunity to get some local theater in your life! For more information visit http://munciecivic.org/

Headless Film Screening

October 16 from 8:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.

Slasher, gore and horror fans alike will have the unique opportunity to view the feature-length film Headless on Friday, October 16 at Cornerstone Center for the Arts. This free screening will feature an 8:00 p.m. showing of the film with screenwriter Nathan Erdel and producer Kara Erdel (both Muncie natives) in attendance. Due to the graphic, adult nature of this film the showing is strictly for attendees 18 years and older. If you’re into scary movies, you won’t want to miss this!

Farmers Market

October 10 from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Minnestrista,1200 West Minnestrista Parkway

The Muncie Farmers Market is open every Saturday from May through October (and every Wednesday during certain summer/fall months). The best time to visit? The Fall season welcomes various fruits and vegetables – some of which you can’t buy locally again until the Spring. Be sure to pick up some apple cider and popcorn while you’re there, too!

BSU Football vs Georgia State

October 17 from 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m., Scheumann Stadium at Ball State University,

It’s football time at Ball State! Be sure to come out for BSU vs. Georgia State at Scheumann Stadium on Saturday, October 17. Bring your student ID to qualify for free admission and prizes, and don’t forget about tailgaiting in the morning!

Casey Smith

Ball State