Screen Shot 2019 02 12 at 82429 PMjpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Screen Shot 2019 02 12 at 82429 PMjpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
NBC / Netflix
Life > Experiences

How to Have a Fun Galentine’s Day in 2021

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ball State chapter.

Whether you have a significant other this year or you’re single this Valentine’s Day, there’s always a reason to celebrate your gal pals (and guy pals too, we don’t discriminate here.) There’s a ton of guides out there on cute little date ideas and things you can do with your beau for Valentine’s Day, but this is about how to hold a fun Galentine’s Day (COVID friendly, of course).

Go Outside and Have a Photoshoot

This is actually something me and my group of friends are planning on doing this year! Yes, It’s cold outside, but some sacrifices must be made for good Instagram photos. This is your sign to get in your cutest outfit, throw on a pair of jeans and a leather jacket, and strut your stuff.

Watch a Romantic Movie

Personally, I’m a comedy movie person myself, but it’s only fitting. Any movie revolving around a group of friends or romance seems fitting here. If you want a good cry, you can go with a classic like The Notebook, La La Land, or 10 Things I Hate About You, or a feel good movie with friends like Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Girls Trip, or Pitch Perfect.

Order Food Out

For my Ball State gals, Greeks Pizza is fantastic and fills the perfect pizza void everytime. Insomnia Cookies is also a viable option as they have everything from cookie cakes, to ice cream, to cookie ice cream sandwiches. This is the perfect day to splurge and split the cost wirth your friends on a good meal for you all! We’re all sick of dining hall food at this point, there’s no shame in spending every once in a while.

Make a little craft for your friends

Not everyone loves surprises, but what’s better than putting a little love and craftsmanship into a DIY project for your closest friends? Homemade friendship bracelets are always good options (and very personal), d.i.y. Snacks like chocolate covered oreos/strawberries, framed photos of you and your friends, making mood boards for your friends, or making sugar scrubs/lip scrubs!

Spa Day

Honestly, everybody deserves a relaxing self-care day every once in a while. Painting my friends’ nails is so much fun. You can also do each other’s hair, do some yoga/sunrise yoga (which is very relaxing and fun), and put on some facemasks! 

Have a Game Day

This can include getting active and playing Just Dance, or playing cards or Monopoly. Whatever is up your alley. Cards Against Humanity and Poor Man’s poker are also some spicy options for a fun game day in college.

Thrifting

Cute and affordable for the average college student. Even if you’re not a huge shopper, and although it sucks that fitting rooms aren’t open right now, you can never go wrong with taking a trip to Goodwill or the Vintage Shoppe in Muncie!

Taylor Staples is currently studying Journalism and Media News with a minor in Screenwriting and Film. Taylor was involved in the WCRD 91.3 radio as an anchor/writer, the Digital Corps, and the Cardinal Catholic media team. In her free time, Taylor loves to chill out with a good cartoon and some cocoa.