This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ball State chapter.

Galentine’s parties have become very popular with friend groups everywhere. We often see these picture-perfect parties on Instagram posts, TikTok, and Pinterest, and I don’t know about you, but I always want to recreate them. However, it can be hard to know where to start or what activities to plan for you and your friends. That is why I have chosen some of the most popular Galentine’s party ideas on the internet right now and outlined them for you below. 

1. BYOB: Bring your own (charcuterie) board

Charcuterie boards have become so popular lately, and you often find them becoming a staple at parties and get-togethers. There have even been parties dedicated to each person bringing their own board and snacking on them all night. I love this idea because there are so many options, and almost everyone is guaranteed to find something they love to eat. Some of my favorite themes of charcuterie boards include meats and cheeses, sweets and desserts, fruits, and dips! There are so many cute ideas on how to make each of these fit the Valentine’s theme on Pinterest as well. 

https://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?rs=ac&len=2&q=valentines%20charcuterie%20board&eq=valentines%20char&etslf=6907

2. Candle painting

One of the cutest activities I have seen online recently has been candle painting. For this activity, you get different colored tealight candles and light them so the wax melts. Then you take small paint brushes and paint whatever design you like on a white or light-colored regular or taper candle. Then you can put your newly decorated candles out for holidays or special occasions, and they are still able to function normally while looking cute!

3. Canvas painting

Similar to the candle painting activity, but this time you are painting onto canvases. You can buy mini canvases and paint palettes or individual paints and let everyone express themselves. You don’t have to limit this to a Valentine’s painting either. It could be something that you like, and you could hang it in your room when you’re done. A way you could spice this up is by giving everyone 5 minutes to paint something and then switching canvases until everyone has painted on each canvas. This can result in some really cool paintings and is a great way to bond. 

4. Making Valentine’s cards

Sticking with the crafting theme, making Valentine’s cards is a great activity to plan for a party. It is super easy because all you need is paper, pens, stickers, and whatever else you want to decorate with. Everyone used to love making and handing out Valentine’s in elementary school, so this could bring back some nostalgia and old memories as a conversation point as well. 

5. Watch a romantic comedy

Nothing says Valentine’s Day or girl’s night better than a romantic comedy movie. Grab some snacks and blankets and settle in for a movie night. There are so many different movies you could watch. I love this checklist of romance movies because it makes it so easy to narrow down your choices. Although it doesn’t have all the popular romance movies listed, it provides a great start! 

6. Baking

Baking and making food and treats from scratch have become very popular recently. What better way to spend your time than creating something you get to enjoy with your favorite people! Some of the best individual treats to make in the kitchen are cookies, rice krispies, mini cakes or cupcakes, and even mini heart pizzas. Not everyone loves being in the kitchen, but there are plenty of other activities you could let them do instead. This might mean allowing them to make a playlist to listen to while baking or giving them the job of helping decorate afterward. 

7. Galentine’s brunch

Throwing a brunch for everyone to pitch in on and join can be a great event idea. It is also a great way for everyone to catch up if you haven’t seen them in a while. They are usually a very chill and relaxing way to spend an otherwise boring morning and afternoon. There are so many cute ideas for food on Pinterest, but a way to keep it easy while still being cute would be heart-shaped waffles and some fruit. 

https://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=galentines%20brunch&rs=typed

8. DIY flower bouquets

Another popular activity on social media right now is making flower bouquets together. You buy a bunch of different fresh flower bundles, leaves or foliage, and smaller flower bunches to act as filler. Then you display them however you like, and everyone can design their own unique bouquet. I think this is one of the cutest ideas for a Galentine’s party that everyone would enjoy. 

Hopefully, these ideas help you plan the best Galentine’s Day get-together with you and your friends. Just remember that it does not have to be perfect; you guys are all there to visit, catch up, and have fun!

Lindsay Collings

Ball State '27

I am a student at Ball State University and I am majoring in marketing! I love painting, baking, photography, and fashion!!