This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ball State chapter.

Bring on the layers and muted colors! Yes, you heard that right, it’s officially fall! The Her Campus team at Ball State has loved every moment of creating our ultimate seasonal aesthetics. Decorations and activities are great, but the best way to embody the change in season is with a change in wardrobe! It’s easy to rotate between the same few cold-weather outfits, so we compiled 9 new looks for you to try this fall. We promise you’ll be happy you did.

Spiced Up T-Shirt & Jeans

In this look, you’re able to glam up a casual outfit with some accessories and fall colors to tie it all together. Put on a simple white tee with your favorite jeans and pair it with a trendy hat, black boots and a sweater. This type of outfit is versatile and lets you take on any fall day in comfort without sacrificing your style!

Layered Chains with Long Sleeves

Layering chains is a trend that’s here to stay. Simply throw on your favorite solid sweater or long sleeve shirt, jeans, your best fall boots, a matching belt, and an assortment of metallic chain necklaces. You’re bound to turn heads dressing up your favorite pair of jeans with these accessories. Have fun playing with textures and colors to spice up this staple look. Any fall evening is yours for the taking in this fit!

Plain Shirt with Patterned Shoes

Show off your personality from head to toe while wearing this outfit. Experiment with a pair of patterned loafers, ripped jeans and a plain shirt for a ‘fit you can dress up or down’ for any of your needs on campus! Channel your inner boss lady and own this trend of looking chic, posided, and professional in every situation. 

Long Sleeve Shirt Under Dress

A classic style that I hope never goes out of style is a long sleeve shirt  or bodysuit under a dress. This look combines seasonal fashion staples for an outfit that’s as easy as it is chic. Play with colors, patterns, lengths, textures, and accessories to make this look totally your own. Throw on your favorite boots and you’re ready for a night out with the girls or any campus event.

Patterned Pants with Turtleneck

To all the gals that appreciate the simple chicness of dressing all in black and white, this one’s for you! With a simple turtleneck, patterned pants and all the right accessories, you’ll be ready to go from the classroom to a job interview and still look great for dinner with friends later. Make a statement, show off your confidence and get ready to strut around all day in this ‘fit.

Long Skirt with Jean Jacket

Get the best mix of trends from the ‘90s and now with this outfit. The long patterned skirt paired with a solid-colored turtleneck and a jean jacket truly is so versatile and will allow you to take on any adventure! Throw in a twist and try your favorite funky hipster tee! You will without a doubt get those heads turning as you walk around campus and wherever else your day takes you. 

BodyCon Dress with Boots & Hat

A long sleeve dress is the perfect item for those warmer fall days. Spice it up by choosing a more fitted style. Adding a hat and boots makes this outfit both functional and fashionable. Perfect for any day or night that you want to flaunt what you’ve got!

Button Sweater & Ripped Jeans

This outfit brings a new twist to the class sweater and jeans combo. Put together a button-front sweater, your favorite distressed denim, and your best boots for the perfect outfit whether you’re going out or staying in. Have fun dressing it up with your favorite accessories and be prepared to be able to take on anything your day throws you.

Cardigan & Patterned Tank

Patterns are the spice of life this fall! Transition your summer tanks to the colder weather by adding a warm cardigan with your favorite jeans and boots. The possible combinations are limitless! Mix unexpected colors and accessories, just make sure to have fun with it. 

Hopefully these outfit ideas bring you plenty of inspiration for what to wear this season. Be sure to think of your own ways to have fun with your fall outfits and tag us on Instagram @hcballstate to show us what you come up with!

Ally General

Ball State '22

Ally is a junior at Ball State studying Advertising with a concentration in media presentation & design along with a minor in fashion. On Ball State's campus, she works as the Executive Director of Creative Services for the McKinley Avenue Agency, leads on the exec team for her sorority, Alpha Omicron Pi, as the Vice President of Chapter Development, and is the sweetheart of Phi Delta Theta. She LOVES Frenchies, yoga, photography, videography, and reading.
Fashion Merchandising major with minors in Marketing & French. Editor-in-Chief of HC Ball State & very involved on campus. Passionate about fashion, food, travel, & all things sustainability!