Style

The Fall Fashion Trend You Should Invest in Based on Your Enneagram Type

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ball State chapter.

The Enneagram is used to define personality traits and identify which tendencies are most typical for you. There are nine generalized personality types in the Enneagram, based on how you live your day-to-day life. To find your Enneagram Type, click here! Now that we are diving into Fall weather, my favorite by far, let’s delve into what sets you apart and use it to your closet’s benefit this season.

Type 1 – The Reformer: Blazer

You exercise intense self-control and are the perfectionist. You have it all together, your style is very organized, crisp, and clean. The blazer fits right into your wardrobe and can make any outfit fit into your high standards of dress.

Check out these blazers from Old Navy, ASOS and Target!

Type 2 -The Helper: Marigold

The sunny color you didn’t know you needed in your closet. You are caring, compassionate, have the biggest heart and are extremely empathetic. You might be too busy thinking about others that your personal wardrobe is your last worry, but this color will let your glowing soul shine through this Fall season.

Here’s some golden-hued pieces from Target, Forever 21 and Nordstrom!

Type 3 – The Achiever: Drawstring Details

You are driven by your goals and always look forward to success. You tend to be competitive and often worry about how others perceive you. You can WORK the basics in your wardrobe and have your accessories memorized to perfection, so the drawstring trend will fit perfectly. It’s not too much of a change to your usual outfit but adds a little detail to draw people into your go-getter attitude!

Admire the details on this top, dress and two-piece set

Type 4 – The Individualist: Patchwork

You are highly sensitive and in touch with your creative side. You often surround yourself with beauty and love to set yourself apart from others and stand out. Patchwork is PERFECT for just that. It’s different and definitely a statement piece, but it will pin your Type 4 personality right on your forehead.

Check out the patterns pieced together on this hat, hoodie and jeans

Type 5 – The Investigator: Leather Jacket

You are very innovative and curious. You have a wonderful imagination that pairs perfect with your independence. You seek to make bold statements with your style that show who you really are. The leather jacket will make the statement you’re looking for, and show your investigating nature to the max.

Discover your new favorite outerwear at Target, Macy’s and Maurice’s

Type 6 – The Loyalist: Oversized Sweater

You’re the responsible one, committed to your relationships and supporting others. You avoid insecurity and often are self-conscious about what outfit looks best on you. Because of that, you usually make safe wardrobe choices, sticking with the basics. The oversized sweater will make you feel comfortable, secure, and confident when walking into this Fall season.

Coziness is jut a few clicks away at Target, PrettyLittleThing and Free People

Type 7 – The Enthusiast: Printed Pants

You’re the spontaneous friend that’s always up for an adventure. You usually see the best in every situation and are full of ideas. However, this can often lead to a scattered brain and taking on many things at one time. Your closet will love you after you pick up a new pair of printed pants. They will allow you to wear your passion and adventure on your sleeve and your bursting personality will shine!

Choose your style: tapered, flowy, bellbottom, the possibilities are endless. 

Type 8 – The Challenger: Fringe

You are decisive, have no problem with confrontation, and show confidence in whatever you’re wearing. Some may be intimidated when first meeting you, but soon learn that you are full of life and seek to uplift others. You enjoy taking fashion risks and often pick things others wouldn’t glance twice at. Adding some fringe to your wardrobe will fit right into your confident nature, setting a trend for all of your friends to follow.

Get your dose of fringe on this jacket, purse, or boots!

Type 9 – The Peacemaker: Fedora

You are reassuring, quiet, and easy-going. Your friends can always count on you to lend an ear, but you strive to keep the harmony. You do not like to draw attention to your style and tend to stay in the background of fashion. Adding a simple felt hat to your closet keeps your minimalistic style while also adding accessories to spice up your entire outfit. It’s not too flashy for your personality and matches all of the basics you already have in your wardrobe.

Check out these chic caps from Lulu’sUrban Outfitters and Forever 21!

If you start wearing your Type’s trend, tag or DM us on Instagram @hcballstate!

Chloe Fortner

Ball State '23

Hello ladies!!!! My name is Chloe Fortner and I am a sophomore at Ball State University majoring in Journalism Graphics with a minor in Studio Art! I enjoy drawing and painting and actually have my own little side biz doing art commissions! I’m a big dreamer that could never have enough clothes, has a passion for social media, and bakes way too many cookies. I can’t wait to see what our new chapter brings #ChirpChirp!