This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ball State chapter.

We all know that familiar autumn breeze that grazes your cheek one crisp morning in September. This can mean only one thing, any able girl will head to the nearest TJ Maxx to purchase scented candles, pumpkins and fake leaves to spread out on pretty much any surface. I know this is true because I am that girl, or was… yesterday. Fall is a time when it’s easy to feel like staying inside, but this prevents you from enjoying the outdoor activities that will make you love the season even more. For significant others or anyone looking to plan any kind of  date, this is where I will help you battle your annual enemy: fall dates.

Before we get started, let me just start off with the best tip for any fall date. Get your gal a cup of joe, some tea or maybe a seasonal drink at a place they feel comfortable (preferably photo-worthy) and they will have a great time. This will be especially true if you pair it with any one of these dates. 

Comfort Food

What’s a better way to start a date than with the scent of coffee beans? There isn’t one, so make sure you begin by energizing your date at a coffee shop in downtown Muncie! If you get hungry after awhile, head on over to the Barking Cow where they sell the most delicious baked potatoes a girl could ever ask for. This date is a great way to get to know someone and allows for couples to destress with a fun walk through downtown. Did I mention it is so cheap that no one will be stressed about the bill? Coffee and a potato, the easiest way to someone’s heart!  

Seasonal Activities 

Ladies, I’ll be the first to admit, we never pass up the opportunity to enhance our fall decor or Instagram feed. For this reason, my next suggestion is to dig deep into some fun fall activities. Get to know each other on a ride to a nearby apple orchard where you can pick out some pumpkins, sip on apple cider slashes or enjoy fresh donuts. Barnside Blooms located in Muncie is not only a great place to take photos in their rustic barn, but is also the perfect place to find some fall decor and apple cider. 

Stay In

One thing about fall is by the end of the night a majority of us just want to put on some sweats and cozy up to a festive movie with a cup of hot chocolate. But of course, any night in isn’t complete without some food. Order in or go to a local farmer’s market in Muncie earlier in the day so you can cook together before watching some movies. How cute and romantic!

With these ideas on what to do, where to go and how to enhance any date this fall, we hope you’re ready to wow whoever is lucky enough to accompany you on a date. And for those of you who want to ride solo this season, use these ideas to have a fun day out with your closest friends!

Ally General

Ball State '22

Ally is a junior at Ball State studying Advertising with a concentration in media presentation & design along with a minor in fashion. On Ball State's campus, she works as the Executive Director of Creative Services for the McKinley Avenue Agency, leads on the exec team for her sorority, Alpha Omicron Pi, as the Vice President of Chapter Development, and is the sweetheart of Phi Delta Theta. She LOVES Frenchies, yoga, photography, videography, and reading.