6 Thoughts About David Letterman Visiting Ball State

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ball State chapter.

David Letterman, a Ball State alum and gracious university supporter, will make his back to Muncie on Nov. 30 to speak at a sold-out Emens Auditorium alongside film director/producer Spike Jonze. The presentation – made possible by the the Letterman Speaker Series – has been highly anticipated by many students and faculty on the campus.

Her Campus Ball State is feeling the excitement, too! We asked 15 students and faculty why they’re excited about David Letterman, and these are the top six we thought we should share. #DaveatBallState

1. “I couldn’t be more excited for Dave to come to Ball State. I wasn’t here when be brought Oprah to speak – which is a bummer because I’ve always wanted to look under my seat and find like a free car or something – but I think hearing Spike Jonze will be a really memorable thing.” – Alex S., sophomore telecommunications major

2. “I love hearing people speak, and I think I’m going to have a lot of jealous friends at home when they hear that I get to hear David Letterman at my own school. I’ll definitely gloat. Not too much. But I’ll have to make sure I remind people of how cool this really is.” – Allyson W., freshman business major

3. “I literally waited outside in the cold to get these tickets. I woke up at 6 a.m. to get in line, and I’m still only in the fourth row. I’m not complaining or anything – I’m just surprised there were so many other people who wanted tickets just as bad as I did.” – Jordan R., freshman nursing major

4. “I wasn’t about to wait all night in the cold. Don’t get me wrong, I think this will be a great opportunity, but it’s one of those things where I’m just going to go. Is David Letterman actually still famous anymore?” – Michael T., junior business major

5. “It was announced so last minute – but I kind of like it that way. We have so, so, so long to wait for Macklemore, it feels like. At least this way it’s like, ‘Hey, Dave is gonna be here in like three weeks.” So I guess that actually makes it more fun and less grueling.” – Alexis B., freshman undecided major

6. “I think a lot of people played it off like this wasn’t going to be that big of a deal, but tickets are already selling out. I think we should all be really appreciative and welcoming to both Dave and his guest. Students here are very fortunate to have some great alumni that are willing to come back support this university, and I’m excited to be there for Dave’s homecoming, yet again.” – Matt T., support faculty

Casey Smith

Ball State