2020 Spooky Basket Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ball State chapter.

We all know that this spooky season won’t be like any other that we’ve ever experienced. Beloved activities like Halloween parties and trick-or-treating will have to either be adjusted or possibly even canceled. But there’s at least one tradition that you can continue on this year in order to safely celebrate this season: spooky baskets! Here’s 5 COVID-friendly items you can add to your spooky basket this year.

Themed Masks

First up, of course, are masks! Whether they have celebratory Halloween-themed designs or are simple disposable masks, I’m sure your recipient would appreciate either as long as they work. Check out all the spooky mask options on Etsy!

Hand Sanatizer 

Second item idea includes hand sanitizer. Go full out and buy them a whole bottle, or keep it simple and gift them with a couple of travel sized ones. These little bottles could even be decorated as famous Halloween characters like Count Dracula, Frankenstein, or a zombie! Bath & Body Works has plenty of seasonal scents to choose from. 

Vitamin C

Next up, give them something to up their vitamin C intake this season! A bundle of oranges would be a sweet treat to gift your friends. Additionally, you can easily up this gift by drawing adorable little faces on them or even adding a cute note saying, “Don’t forget your Vitamin C this C-son!” 

Tissues

Tissues are another helpful item you can include in your spooky basket. Similar to the hand sanitizers, feel free to gift anything from full tissue boxes to the convenient travel-sized tissues. Who knows what these can come in handy for. No one wants to use their costume as a makeshift tissue. 

Sanatizer Wipes

And finally, give them some sanitizer wipes! These can be useful to even wipe down the spooky basket after receiving it. If you feel up to the task, decorate the opening of the wipes to look like the mouth of a monster!

Adding these items to your spooky basket can give you and your friends a good laugh while making light of such difficult times. If you decide to partake in gatherings or festive activities, just be smart and safe about it! Hope this season for you is equally safe and spooky. Happy crafting, and happy Halloween!

Princess Davis

Ball State '24

Hey there! I'm an architecture major that is a fresh member of Ball State's revived HerCampus Chapter. I can't wait to see what the future holds!