This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Babson chapter.

As beautiful as a fresh blanket of snow is, we all know how the winter weather can be so unforgiving. Horrible wind chills, below freezing temperatures, and slushy snow can definitely affect our moods and day-to-day lives. While waking up isn’t the easiest task, getting out of bed and getting ready is much more difficult. As someone who absolutely loves makeup unconditionally, I undeniably have my tough days where I struggle to find the motivation to even put on the essentials: lip balm, concealer, and brow pencil. The trick with a winter beauty routine for my gals who want to keep it minimal but still look put together, is to find products that will really penetrate into your skin for an all-day effect. Regardless of your skin type– whether it be oily, dry, or combination – chances are your skin in the winter is in need of moisture and hydration ASAP!

Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist

Price: $20-$48 – Sephora

Tatcha’s Skin Mist is well loved among all beauty gurus. It’s absolutely amazing for priming the skin for that natural glow that helps you achieve that “no-makeup-makeup” look and works just as well if you’re doing a look for a night out on the town. For my gals who have drier skin, this will literally rock your world. For my gals who are a bit oilier, don’t be scared by the “dewy” label on the bottle. Spritz a few pumps after your matte powder to prevent a caked on look with the benefits of a secret glow to your skin!

Mario Badescu

Price: $12 – Sephora

Mario Badescu’s facial spray is an alternative option for those who don’t want their splurge on a facial mist. Created with natural ingredients, it’s a for-sure winner that helps refresh and revitalize your skin and makeup throughout the day.

DECIEM Petrowhat?

Price: $7 – www.deciem.com

Chapped lips are one of the most consistent issues everyone faces regardless of seasonal changes. However, in the winter time, every coat of lip balm, lip oil, lip whatever I put on, is never long-lasting enough for me to actually feel like my lips are hydrated. What’s so different about Petrowhat? is that it is formulated without the stereotypical petroleum jelly found in almost all lip balms. DECIEM highlights that this lip and skin balm is made with amino acids that will continually hydrate after application.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer

Price: ~$7 – Amazon

For those who don’t want to shell out the big bucks for the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer,  Maybelline Instant Age Rewind is still hands-down the best drugstore concealer. Not only does it work well under the eyes, but it can also be used to cover uneven coloration, acne scars, and even the monthly hormonal acne that comes around. Brightening the under eyes is the best thing you can do for yourself to look more refreshed and awake especially if you’ve been up until 2 AM grinding away or just Netflix and chilling.