This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Babson chapter.

Walking into Sephora, you’re always overwhelmed by the massive array of products available. Everything from mascara, foundation, lipstick, and even lotions – arguably there’s too much of everything. Being a makeup junkie myself, I get overwhelmed and way too excited every time I hit my local Sephora (it might just be better than Christmas morning – might). I can’t deny that I’ve spent 3 hours wandering around in Sephora before, and yes my friends were quite annoyed, but regardless I was filled with content.

With new products constantly dropping and social media becoming a big role on the success of a product, sometimes you feel like you HAVE to buy every amazing product out there. Truth be told, not every product is worth the bang for your buck. Save that time and money for the products that ARE worth the buy.

Better than Sex Mascara – Too Faced

Price: $23.00 at Sephora

Buy it HERE

For my gals with stick straight lashes that refuse to curl, and more importantly stay curled, Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara, is the magic weapon. Having stick straight Asian lashes all my life, I struggled to find a mascara that gave me length, volume and most importantly, held my curl. The thick brush of this mascara provides amazing volume like no other. Starting at the root and gently pulling upwards, Better than Sex, gives my lashes life.

WUNDERBROW 

My Shade: Black/Brown

Price: $22.00 at Wunderbrow

Buy it HERE

We’ve all seen multiple WUNDERBROW video advertisements on Facebook and other social media outlets. I remember the first time seeing the video, it was as if it was too good to be true – a scam even. After watching countless YouTube videos myself, I gave in and bought it at an impulse during Amazon Prime’s Lighting Deals. Quite honestly, I hated this product at first. I didn’t know how to apply it, I couldn’t just use the wand and slather it across my brows. After putting it away on the shelf for a few months, I spontaneously decided to use it again. This time applying it with an angled liner brush, I absolutely loved it. No longer did I worry about having the itch my eyebrows and wiping off the product, I itched whenever I wanted! Here’s the thing WUNDERBROW doesn’t tell you though; it only works if you already have eyebrow hairs in place. For gals who have little areas that are missing hair, WUNDERBROW might not do the trick for you. The formula in itself works bests as it grabs onto other eyebrow hairs to enhance the volume and appearance of fuller brows.

Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 – Laura Mercier

My Shade: Tawny

Price: $45.00 at Sephora

Buy it HERE

For those incredibly humid and gross weather days where you don’t want to slather on a thick layer of foundation, Laura Mercier has your back. For all those lazy or late days, the tinted moisturizer is your best bet. Easy to use, lightweight with buildable coverage, there’s not enough positivity about this product. For gals who don’t want a full coverage face, this product delivers with absolutely the most beautiful natural glow (without highlight).

Real Techniques Makeup Brushes

Price: Varies

Buy it HERE

Real Techniques ensure that you achieve your flawless look with their brushes. Absolutely high quality soft brush hairs blends foundation beautifully while the “Sculpting Brush” fits perfectly to every cheekbone for easy application. Having had some of these brushes for at least 3 years, the quality remains the same. At such an affordable price, the variety of different styles of brushes makes Real Techniques a real winner for me.