This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Babson chapter.

For a couple of years now, since Super Bowl XLIX in 2014, my beloved Seattle Seahawks have not been to the Super Bowl. So, I have made my winner picks, with obvious bias, against the New England Patriots in 2015, 2017, and 2018. 2016 was the odd one out, because the Broncos and Panthers battled it out.

That being said, I was rooting for the Philadelphia Eagles.

Now, the game was all that you could ask for when it came to the Super Bowl. By the time there was 2:40 left on the clock in the first quarter, the Eagles and Patriots were tied at 3-3, meaning that both teams had scored a field goal. But then….  QB Nick Foles threw the ball and WR ALSHON JEFFERY CAUGHT IT TO SCORE A TOUCHDOWN!!

9-3 Eagles!!! In the second quarter, RB Legarrette Blount scored another touchdown for the Eagles.

Eagles up 15-3.

But, you can NEVER count out the New England Patriots. My goodness, I learned that the hard way. I never want to relive Super Bowl 49 ever again. And I would NEVER wish that upon any other team, EVER.

ANYWAYS. Back to Super Bowl 52. Before the half, the Patriots are able to secure a field goal. 15-6 lead for the Eagles. The Eagles are flying and then the Patriots INTERCEPT THE BALL, with under 3 minutes left in the first half.

The Patriots are then able to get a TOUCHDOWN WITH RB JAMES WHITE!

The Eagles answer this with QB NICK FOLES….. GETTING A TOUCHDOWN!

Halftime.

The third quarter begins and TE ROB GRONKOWSKI gets the touchdown.

Eagles lead 22-19.

RB COREY CLEMENT THEN GETS THE CATCH AND SCORES A TOUCHDOWN, with 7 minutes left in the third quarter. Plus, a PAT (point after touchdown) by kicker Jake Elliott!

Eagles lead 29-19.

TOUCHDOWN Patriots by WR Chris Hogan! PAT by kicker Stephen Gostkowski.

Eagles lead 29-26. At this point, I was pretty startled. The Patriots were doing what they are known for, bringing the force into the second half.

Then QB Tom Brady finds Gronkowski and gets the TOUCHDOWN.

PATRIOTS LEAD 33-32.

TOUCHDOWN BY THE EAGLES’ TE ZACH ERTZ.

I had a mini-freak out when the play was being reviewed and after when the two-point conversion was failed by the Eagles.

The Eagles lead 38-33.

KNOWING HOW EARLY CELEBRATIONS SHOULD NEVER BE ACCOUNTED FOR, ESPECIALLY AGAINST THE PATRIOTS, I tried to keep my cool.

Patriots took possession of the ball with 2 minutes left on the clock.

THE BALL IS OUT. TURNOVER. EAGLES TAKE POSSESSION.

The KICK IS GOOD by the Eagles.

Eagles lead 41-33. 1 minute left on the clock.

Then, we are met with the last play of the game, with 9 seconds on the clock. PATRIOTS have the ball. They still have a chance, they just have to score a touchdown and get the 2 point conversion to tie the game.

BRADY LAUNCHES FOR THE ENDZONE.

THE PASS IS INCOMPLETE.

GAME OVER.

THE EAGLES HAVE WON THE SUPER BOWL FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME.

Congratulations to the Eagles, and especially their fans!

Yours truly,

Daniela Blanco

Loyal Seahawks Fan

???? Founder of Her Campus Babson. Lover of stories. Over drinker of coffee. College student interested in the intersection of business, tech, and creativity.