This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Babson chapter.

Dear Mom,

I had a hard time writing this letter because I could not find the best way to express my love.  You are truly my inspiration and greatest role model. For as long as I can remember I have been called mini-Colleen.  As you know, I used to dread this comment because I honestly did not think we looked alike. I now realize how great of a compliment it truly is.

Everyday I aspire to be you.  I am amazed at your constant motion and commitment.  After a long day at work, you are always there for me and the family.  No matter what time I call, you have always been there to pick up and talk.  Whether I will admit it or not, you have always given me the best advice. You are not only my mother— but you’re also my best friend.  We laughed a lot over Spring Break about how similar we are. Even though you and Dad mark my stubbornness as a negative trait, I perceive it as positive, because I am not afraid to speak up.  You have taught me the power of my voice and the importance of using it. I would not trade this for the world, and I can’t imagine my life choices without your help or guidance.

Thank you for being not only my mother but also my role model.  Your hard work inspires me to work harder to make you proud. Without your support, I would not be at Babson pursuing a business degree.  I would not have the courage to attend recruitment events or to apply to internships without you and Dad’s support. Most importantly, I would not be the worker I am today without you.  You have taught me to be dedicated to everything I pursue, and always encouraged me to follow my dreams. I have been complimented on my character by teachers, which is all thanks to you.  I have also been complimented for being outspoken, which I also learned from you.

Thank you for being my mom. I love you so much, and hope you know how much you mean to me.  Thank you for teaching me and supporting me as I go through life.  I hope you have the happiest of birthdays.

Love,

Caitlin

Business Student that is passionate about volunteer work.