This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Babson chapter.

Being a coveted makeup and beauty lover in my early teenage years, I can confidently say I’ve tried some pretty disappointing (to say the least) products and products I for sure cannot live without. To be honest, my younger self growing up actually hated eyeliner, thinking it was tacky and unnecessary, and trust me- the very first time I even dared to try it, well, let’s just say it wasn’t something you’d see anytime soon in a magazine. I believe the look I had going on for me back then was more like “panda eyes” instead of the sleek “cat-eye” I hoped for. Rimming my entire upper lid with black pencil liner, my seventh grade self clearly had no idea what it actually meant to apply eyeliner. Even after watching thousands of makeup videos and years of practicing with makeup, there are still some days I just can’t get that wing either- and we all know that feeling. Before we jump that bridge, the first step in creating such a beautiful wing is getting the right product.

From new beginners starting to  explore with makeup to beauty enthusiasts, I have tried these eyeliners over the years and have yet to be disappointed. From drugstores to your local Sephora, there’s a holy-grail for everyone’s budget.

Physicians Formula Eye Booster™ 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum

Price: ($7.29 Target) – Buy here

With an exact precision tip that keeps the product flowing from the base to end, allowing fluidity and movement to create that “flick”, this has quickly become my daily go-to liquid eyeliner. With additional benefits of the lash boosting serum, it saves nearly 15 minutes of my morning routine. Easily removable and long-lasting, I’m not sure what else I could have asked for in an eyeliner.

BAREMINERALS Lash Domination® Ink Liner

Price: ($19.00 Sephora) – Buy here

For those waterworks kind of days, like rainy, dreadful Mondays, or even sweltering, humid Saturdays, this was my rock. This. Does. Not. Budge. Nearly the sister of the Physicians Formula Eye Booster™ 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum in terms of shape and style of the brush, Bareminerals steps it up with long, all day wear- no matter the weather. To solidify my point, I had gone to the Clinique makeup counter in Macy’s for a free make-up session with makeup on already (kind of silly – I know), and trust me, the make-up artist had gone through 3 cotton pads of makeup remover before she got this bad-boy off. It’s my rock, hopefully yours as well.

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner [Color: Trooper]

Price: ($20.00 Sephora) – Buy here 

We all knew this was coming. Kat Von D’s Tattoo Liner (different from the Ink Liner!) hands down never disappoints. It’s silk on your lids; smooth, clean, and the color payoff does not let you down nor does the long wear either. Trooper is one of the truest shades of black that stand out beautifully with any eye color.

These are my holy grails- my ultimate favorites, meaning they may work wonders for you, or may not. Makeup is a passion I’ve developed for years and from this, I’ve had so many test and trials as to what product works for me and what doesn’t. Without having those horrible experiences, I might not have stumbled onto these staple items. Makeup and beauty is different for everyone, I hope this ignited your passion and search for your holy-grails.