The Forgotten Necessity Of Spending Time Outdoors

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Babson chapter.

Ever since I was a young girl, I found myself fascinated by the mystery of the outdoors and the extensive, never-ending wilderness. When I first got to college, I became so busy and did not spend time outdoors. I was stressed out, overwhelmed, and felt a little trapped. Once I started reflecting on ways I could become more relaxed, I realized how I wasn’t spending time outdoors.

After I did a quick Google search for “parks near me” I found so many and made it a priority to go to a different one each week. The second I stepped out of my car and into nature, I instantly felt clarity and my mind slowed down. Now I use nature as my refuge, and can’t believe I forgot about its restorative effects.

If you aren’t aware of nature’s restorative effects, I highly would recommend “The Nature Fix” by Florence Williams. (Buy it Here)

The book elaborates on studies that prove time spent outdoors leads to overall feelings of happiness with life, and even better health.

Although this may sound ridiculous, I would dare you to try and see for yourself. With a positive and open mindset, you may find the secret you’ve been looking for to de-stress and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

A fun-loving, beauty-lover, coffee-addict that never thought she would write for fun, or be good at it! Always passionate, positive, and personable. :))