The Best Hidden Stores To Visit On Boston’s Newbury Street

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Babson chapter.

1. No Rest for Bridget

No Rest for Bridget is a successful fast fashion retail chain that’s been around since 2004.

Along with a store location on Newbury Street, NRB exists online and in Southern California.

A combination of Anthropologie and Francesca’s, at NRB, you can find women’s fashion, shoes, handbags, accessories, beauty, books, candles, fragrances and more. NRB sells clothing for going out, business-casual basics, and everyday items with a boho-chic feel. You’ll find NRB on the bottom level of the street set-up, below Dirty Water Pizza Co.

2. AllSaints

This store has a “bare-bones,” minimalistic vibe from the moment you step in the door; however, they offer premium clothing products with a gritty, urban feel. Darker tones ranging from pure black to heather greys and bruised purples and reds dot the shopping floor, and old-fashioned sewing machines line the windows to accentuate the quality of their products. Headquartered in London, U.K., they are known for their biker jackets, denim, and handbags as well. You can find this store located across from Fresh and L’Elite Bridal.  

3. Benefit Cosmetics

Located below the Copley Society of Art, Benefit Cosmetics brand is well-known to many, yet can be hard to locate on Newbury Street. The staff is super friendly, and very convincing when it comes to investing in new makeup (a good thing for me, but not for my wallet!) The bright pink aesthetic and the retro, 50’s vibe makes shopping here an experience, along with the fact that they offer student-discounts on makeover appointments. They also have areas throughout the store where you can try the products on your skin before you buy! I especially love this store during the holiday season because of their trial-size kits and holiday shades.

4. Tracksmith

A New England-based company, Tracksmith is located next to Cafeteria Boston. As a runner, I am a huge fan of Tracksmith. heir apparel is geared toward runners who are passionate about racing and training, yet who are not necessarily professionals. The company name, “Tracksmith” is broken down into “track” and “smith.” Customers are committed to training and racing, and “smith” emphasizes the craftsmanship put into their products. Unlike Nike or Under Armour, this brand is more personalized and the store is set up in an intimate setting so as to underscore the authenticity of their brand message, “Championing the Running Class.”

5. Reformation

A sustainable fashion company with a simplistic layout and quality offerings, Reformation is located next to Roots and across from GNC. What I like about Reformation is that it has an Urban Outfitters feel, but with more of an emphasis on sustainability and environmentally fashion. Similar to Anthropologie in its selection of chic clothing, denim, and even wedding gowns, Reformation even publishes its Sustainability Reports on its website so you can feel good about what you’re wearing before you spend any money on it.

6. Lipstick Boutique

I discovered Lipstick last year and am in love with its selection of vintage, modern, and patterned dresses. I’ve purchased business casual dresses here, as well as semi-formal and formal dresses. A combination of Modcloth and Lulu’s styles, all of the dresses are color-coordinated and range in length and sizes, so there is something for everyone. They also sell accessories, jewelry, and a small selection of shoes, making this store your one-stop-shop before your next night out, party, or dressy occasion! Reasonably priced with a huge selection, Lipstick is located next to Mother Juice and across from UPS.

???? Founder of Her Campus Babson. Lover of stories. Over drinker of coffee. College student interested in the intersection of business, tech, and creativity.